How to Make Appetizing Tomato Rasam (Soup)
Tomato Rasam (Soup). Tomato Rasam is a tangy and tasty South Indian dish made with tomatoes, spices and herbs. This popular soupy dish is made in various ways in Regional Indian Cuisine and is known as tomato charu in Andhra Pradesh, tomato saaru in Karnataka and thakkali rasam in Tamil Nadu. Rasam is a thin tomato soup often served as a dip or broth in Indian cuisine.
Puree the quartered tomato with the garlic in a blender of food processor. Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the chopped tomato, the ginger, cilantro, and green chile. You can cook Tomato Rasam (Soup) using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tomato Rasam (Soup)
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Jeera.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Pepper (if you want more spicy, just add 1 tsp).
- You need 5 of Garlic cloves (optional).
- It’s 1 inch of Ginger.
- It’s 2 tsp of Coriander leaves (finely chopped).
- Prepare to taste of Salt -.
- You need 400 ml of Water.
And it is also the time to kindle the soups like this tomato Rasam recipe. Tomato Rasam is the South Indian style soup made with tomatoes pepper garlic and cumin. Good food makes the weather to be more enjoyable. In addition to this South Indian, tomato rasam recipe is the topmost in my list for this type of weather.
Tomato Rasam (Soup) step by step
- Cut the tomatoes.
- Put all the ingredients except water into the jar and grind it.
- Pour the mixture into the sauce pan and add 400 ml of water. Let it boil about 3 to 4 minutes..
- Once boiled add coriander leaves and serve it hot..
- Very tasty and healthy rasam or soup is ready now..
Rasam is a soup native to South India, traditionally prepared using tamarind juice as a base, with the addition of tomato, chili pepper, pepper, cumin and other spices as seasonings. The soup is very aromatic and delicate in taste. It is a perfect remedy when you are felling little bit under the weather or have stomach pain. The herbs in this soup really have wonderful healing powers.</p> Tomato rasam recipe – Rasam is a daily affair at home for dinner on most weekdays. Rasam, a vegetable stir fry with rice and ghee makes a comforting meal and is easy to prepare as well.