Recipe: Appetizing Dal bonda with soup
Dal bonda with soup. Karnataka Style Bonda Soup Recipe is a favourite dish among all the kannadigas and especially in Mysore. The dish consists of crispy urad dal fritter dipped in a hot thin based dal soup. The fritter is usually fried in a deep frying oil but in this recipe we have made it healthy by pan frying it on the kuzhi paniyaram pan to make it super healthy for your morning breakfast. bonda soup recipe
I tasted Bonda soup for the first time in a restaurant in Chennai. I loved the taste and wanted to make that at home one day. My friend who is a native of Karnataka passed the recipe to me few weeks back. You can have Dal bonda with soup using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Dal bonda with soup
- Prepare 250 gms of moong dal.
- Prepare 150 gms of urad dal.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of rice flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 1 tbsp of cumin seeds.
- You need Pinch of Asafoetida.
- It’s as required of Crushed black pepper.
- Prepare as required of curry leaves.
- You need 3-4 of green chillies.
- It’s 2-3 of tomatoes.
- Prepare 10-15 pieces of cococnut pieces.
- It’s Pinch of turmeric powder.
- You need as required of Salt(as per taste).
- Prepare as required of Green Coriander for (garnishing).
Bonda is prepared with urad dal and soup with moong dal. It is a must try tasty recipe. urad dal vada with detailed photo and video recipe. a simple and easy deep fried snack recipe made with non-fermented and spiced urad dal batter. it is basically made with the same batter of medu vada with the same mixture of spices but with a different shape. the same vada can be later used as it is a snack, or can also be used for other snacks. This is when I fell in love with Bonda soup.
Dal bonda with soup step by step
- For soup:- Cook moong dal and mash it. Now take a pan add little in it,now add mustard seeds.Cumin seeds let it splutter..
- Now add finely chopped ginger and garlic saute for few minutes and add curry leaves chopped green chillies and curry leaves and again saute it..
- Now add chopped coconut pieces,little tomato pieces.,salt.turmeric powder and crushed pepper. Fry until tomatoes become soft..
- Now add smashed dal and water according to the soup consistency.Let it boil nicely.Atlast add fresh coriander leaves..
- For Bonda:- Soak urad dal for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.Drain water to a mixie jar add little rice flour,little hing,little salt and strained urad dal..
- Now grind it into fine paste by adding little little water to this batter add chopped green chillies and fresh coriander leaves. And leave this batter for half an hour..
- Now you can drop this batter as bondas into hot oil and fry until crisp. Bonda is ready.Serve hot with soup.
It is no onion no garlic restaurant style Bonda soup which you can enjoy at home 🙂 with simple available ingredients. I am sharing this wonderful healthy recipe, please try and enjoy! Bonda soup is just a perfect anytime of the year snack cum appetizer, which is super tasty. Bonda soup, which you can enjoy at home with simple available ingredients. The moong dal soup has to be a bit spicy and a little saltier than the regular.