Recipe: Yummy Bonda Soup
Bonda Soup. urad dal fritters in a moong dal soup with step by step photo and video recipe. the traditional soup recipes are generally made with a vegetable or with broth of veggies or meat. these are generally served as appetiser just before the meal which eventually improve the appetite. but there are other innovative soup recipe and bonda soup recipe is one such innovation made by. Urad dal bonda in moong soup, a popular Karnataka recipe, shared with step by step pictures. I tasted Bonda soup for the first time in a restaurant in Chennai.
Bonda soup is just a perfect winter time snack cum appetizer, which is very soothing and super tasty. First time I had this Bonda soup at my friends place. It was a rainy winter evening when we visited my friend Vidya's house. You can have Bonda Soup using 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bonda Soup
- Prepare For of Bonda:.
- You need 1 cup of Urad dal.
- Prepare As per taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of Green chilli.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oconut pieces.
- Prepare 1 sprig of Curry leaves.
- You need For of Soup:.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Toor dal.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Green gram/Moong dal.
- Prepare 2 of Green chillies.
- It’s 1" of Ginger.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Hing.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Turmeric.
- Prepare 1 sprig of Curry leaves.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Black pepper.
- Prepare For of Seasoning:.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Mustard seeds.
- You need 1sprig of Curry leaves.
- You need 1 of red chilli.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Ghee.
This hot bonda soup was waiting for us 🙂 Yum. so soothing and so delicious hot soup with Mysore Bonda! Bonda soup is just a perfect winter time snack cum appetizer, which is very soothing and super tasty. First time I had this Bonda soup at my friends place. It was a rainy winter evening when we visited my friend Vidya's house.
Bonda Soup instructions
- To Make Bonda:-Soak Urad dal for 1 to 2 hours. Grind this smoothly by adding little by little water at interval. Add salt.Batter should be smooth and fine. Usage of grinder will yield perfect batter. If you are using mixer grinder, you can use chilled water for grinding, so that batter will not become hot while grinding. Add chopped curry leaves, green chilli and coconut bits..
- Keep oil in a kadai, for deep frying. When oil becomes hot, make small round bondas, fry this in a medium heat and keep it ready..
- Next, we are making the Soup:- Take both the dals, Wash and cook this in a cooker. Cool completely and churn this cooked dal by using hand blender or mixer jar..
- Now Take one vessel, pour this dal, add salt,turmeric,one spring curry leaves,hing,chopped green chillies,ginger Julienne. Take one pestle and mortar, crush pepper and cumin and add this powder too. Boil it nicely, until green chillies are cooked..
- Add seasoning by putting ghee, mustard, cumin, red chilli and curry leaves.Now Soup is ready.To serve, you should take one serving bowl; Keep couple of Bonda’s and pour one or two ladleful of Soup, garnish with coriander leaves and serve..
This hot bonda soup was waiting for us 🙂 Yum. so soothing and so delicious hot soup with Mysore Bonda! The title bonda soup got me confused too…I have heard of Rasa vada.but this one is new to me. It looks perfect for a cold day though…surely going to try it soon. Thank you for the recipe Shilpa Reply Karnataka Style Bonda Soup Recipe is a favourite dish among all the kannadigas and especially in Mysore. The dish consists of crispy urad dal fritter dipped in a hot thin based dal soup.