How to Prepare Delicious Masoor Dal Soup
Masoor Dal Soup. Explore Soups Made with Nutrition-Packed Ingredients You Know and Love Today. For the Chaunk: Heat the oil in a small skillet over high heat and add the mustard and cumin seeds. Reduce the heat to medium-high and add the chilies, garlic and ginger.
Dahl, dhal, daal, dal – any way you spell it this is a wonderful standard dish in Indian cuisine. Indian Lentil Soup (Dal Shorva) Recipe by Andreacute Grisell. An inexpensive, easy-to-make and delicious soup. You can have Masoor Dal Soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Masoor Dal Soup
- You need 1/2 cup of soak masoor dal.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped pumpkin.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped carrot.
- It’s 1 of chopped onion.
- You need 10/12 of chopped garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper powder.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh cream.
- You need 1 tsp of butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1/2 bunch of green coriander leaves.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
This slightly modified recipe stems from Mumtaz Khan at Mumtaz Paan House in Bradford, England. Mung beans is the exquisite choice, but red or yellow lentils also make a delicious result (green lentils are not recommended). How to make Masoor Dal Soup -Lose weight healthily with this delicious soup. Lentil soup is a wholesome comforting soup and is very simple to prepare.
Masoor Dal Soup step by step
- Heat a pressure cooker add oil add chopped onion sauted 1mints.Add chopped garlic &all veggies cook 1mints..
- Add soaked masoor dal stir 1mints.Add corrienderleaves &2 cup water,turmeric powder to taste salt.Cover it &cook till 2 whistle.Off the gas..
- Mix the dal with the help of a hand blender,Strain the soup.Heat.the soup,add 1 tsp black pepper powder,butter&fresh cream.Mix it well..
- Masoor Dal soup is ready to serve garnished with fried garlic.It is a healthy soup..
You can use masoor dal or moong dal or a mix of both to prepare this soup. A delicious and flavourful soup made with veggies and masoor dal. Lentil dal is essentially just a lentil soup. However, to say dal is simple also cuts its significance of flavor, of history, and importance at the South Asian table. Dahl, which is also often spelled dhal, daal, and dal, is essentially a thick South-Asian-inspired red lentil stew that is often prepared with ghee or clarified butter.