Bonda soup. urad dal fritters in a moong dal soup with step by step photo and video recipe. the traditional soup recipes are generally made with a vegetable or with broth of veggies or meat. these are generally served as appetiser just before the meal which eventually improve the appetite. but there are other innovative soup recipe and bonda soup recipe is one such innovation made by. Urad dal bonda in moong soup, a popular Karnataka recipe, shared with step by step pictures. I tasted Bonda soup for the first time in a restaurant in Chennai.
Bonda soup is just a perfect winter time snack cum appetizer, which is very soothing and super tasty. First time I had this Bonda soup at my friends place. It was a rainy winter evening when we visited my friend Vidya's house. You can have Bonda soup using 26 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bonda soup
- It’s For of bonda:.
- You need 1 cup of urad dal.
- It’s 2 of chopped green chillies.
- You need 1 of chopped small piece ginger.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of greeted dry coconut.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped coriander.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped curry leaves.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper powder.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare For of soup:.
- You need 1 cup of moong dal.
- You need 1 of chopped tomato.
- You need 3 of chopped green chillies.
- Prepare 1 of chopped small piece ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of grated coconut.
- It’s 1 of lemon juice.
- You need 3 tbsp of ghee (clarified butter).
- You need 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of asafoetida.
- Prepare 5-6 of curry leaves.
- It’s For of garnishing:.
- Prepare 1 of chopped onion.
- It’s some of Coriander leaves chopped.
This hot bonda soup was waiting for us 🙂 Yum. so soothing and so delicious hot soup with Mysore Bonda! Bonda soup is just a perfect winter time snack cum appetizer, which is very soothing and super tasty. First time I had this Bonda soup at my friends place. It was a rainy winter evening when we visited my friend Vidya's house.
Bonda soup step by step
- For bonda Soak Urad dal for 1 to 2 hours. Grind this smoothly by adding little by little water at intervals..
- The Batter should be smooth and fine. Usage of the grinder will yield a perfect batter. Add chopped curry leaves, green chilli, ginger, salt, black pepper, coriander and coconut. Mix it well..
- Keep oil in a kadhai, for deep frying. When oil becomes hot, make small round bondas, fry in medium heat until it turns golden brown in colour..
- To make Soup : Take the dal,Wash. Add tomato, green chilli, ginger, salt, turmeric and cook this in a cooker for 2 whistle. Cool it completely and churn this cooked dal by using the hand blender or mixer jar..
- Add water (as needed) to adjust it in soupy constantly and boil for 5 to 7 minutes. Add lemon juice and coconut..
- Add seasoning by putting ghee, mustard, cumins, and curry leaves..
- Now Soup is ready. To serve, you should take one serving bowl, Keep bonda in it and pour one or two ladles of Soup, garnish with onion, coriander leaves, and serve..
This hot bonda soup was waiting for us 🙂 Yum. so soothing and so delicious hot soup with Mysore Bonda! The title bonda soup got me confused too…I have heard of Rasa vada.but this one is new to me. It looks perfect for a cold day though…surely going to try it soon. Thank you for the recipe Shilpa Reply Karnataka Style Bonda Soup Recipe is a favourite dish among all the kannadigas and especially in Mysore. The dish consists of crispy urad dal fritter dipped in a hot thin based dal soup.