Easy Borscht/Goulash-Inspired Leftover Roast & Red Cabbage Soup.
You can cook Easy Borscht/Goulash-Inspired Leftover Roast & Red Cabbage Soup using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Borscht/Goulash-Inspired Leftover Roast & Red Cabbage Soup
- It’s 3 cups of beef roast or steak that's been cut into 1/2" cubes.
- It’s 1/2 of an onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 of medium carrots, cut into 1/2" cubes.
- You need 2 of small celery stems, chopped into 1/2" pieces.
- Prepare 1/2 of a small head of red cabbage, cut into 1/2" pieces.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed.
- Prepare 8 cups of liquid (any combo of unsalted stock & water).
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of ketchup.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of salt to start.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- You need 2 cups of quartered button mushrooms.
Easy Borscht/Goulash-Inspired Leftover Roast & Red Cabbage Soup instructions
- Dump all ingredients except mushrooms into a large pot (at least 5 quarts), cover, turn the heat to medium high, and let soup come to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes..
- Reduce heat to medium low, add mushrooms, cover, and simmer for another 30 to 40 minutes, or until thickest pieces of cabbage are completely tender..
- Adjust seasoning if needed, and enjoy with crusty bread or rice, or just by itself! :).