Dal shorba soup. How to make Dal Shorba Recipe – Indian Style Lentil Soup. To begin making Dal Shorba (Lentil Soup), we have to first wash the moong dal. Once cooked, mash the dal well or puree it with hand blender.
The consistency of Shorba varies depending upon one's taste and cooking style. Some like it thicker (stew like consistency) and some like it thinner. An inexpensive, easy-to-make and delicious soup. You can cook Dal shorba soup using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dal shorba soup
- Prepare 1 cup of moong dal(boiled).
- Prepare 1 of tej patta(bay leaf).
- Prepare 1 inch of dal chini(cinnamon stick).
- It’s 1 tsp of jeera(cumin seeds).
- It’s 1 tsp of adarak(ginger).
- It’s 4 of cloves.
- You need 4 of peppercorns.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 of lemon juice.
- Prepare Handful of coriander leaves.
- It’s 1 tsp of ghee.
This slightly modified recipe stems from Mumtaz Khan at Mumtaz Paan House in Bradford, England. Mung beans is the exquisite choice, but red or yellow lentils also make a delicious result (green lentils are not recommended). Combine lentils, ground turmeric, cilantro stems, and water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Moong Dal Shorba Recipe, Learn how to make Moong Dal Shorba (absolutely delicious recipe of Moong Dal Shorba ingredients and cooking method) An Indian soup of spiced lentils, both healthy and tasty.
Dal shorba soup step by step
- Heat ghee in a pan add tej patta, cinnamon,cloves, coriander leaves, peppercorns,jeera add dal and two cups of water let it boil and cool..
- Now blend it and strain the dal add this to pan cook it add salt turmeric when it boils trun off add lemon juice and serve it..
This Moong Dal Shorba recipe is Excellent and find more Great recipes, tried & tested recipes from NDTV Food. Moong Dal ka Shorba : Dals are a staple diet of people in the punjab. Nearly every kind of dal is grown and cooked here. In most households the meal is incomplete without at least one dish made with pulses. The yellow moong dal or split yellow gram is very popular in punjabi cooking.