Recipe: Yummy Kollu Rasam Horse gram Soup Ulavalu Rasam
Kollu Rasam Horse gram Soup Ulavalu Rasam. Authentic Kongunad style kollu rasam recipe from Tamilnadu which is so comforting during a cold or cough. Horse gram also aids in weight loss. Horse gram also aids in weight loss.
Horse Gram Rasam – This rasam really very refreshing. Horsegram also aids in weight loss. Horse gram or ulavalu (Telugu), Kulith (Hindi) and Kollu payiru (Tamil) is a staple lentil of many South Indian farmer families. You can have Kollu Rasam Horse gram Soup Ulavalu Rasam using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kollu Rasam Horse gram Soup Ulavalu Rasam
- You need 3 cups of horsegram broth.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of tamarind Extract.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves.
- You need 3 of shallots.
- Prepare 1 of tomato.
- Prepare as needed of curry leaves.
- You need as needed of coriander leaves.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Black pepper powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of oil.
- It’s 1 of dired red chilli.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Ulava Charu is a traditional Andhra Rasam. Its a thick horse gram lentil soup and is generally served with fresh cream or butter and rice. Ulavalu or horse gram is highly nutritious.horse gram is a rich source of protein, calcium and iron.they help in weight reduction. Kollu Rasam is one the tastier and more healthier rasam variety.
Kollu Rasam Horse gram Soup Ulavalu Rasam step by step
- Take 1/2 cup of Horsegram and soak in water for 3 hrs and then pressure cook for 5 whistle with 4 cups of water, a tsp of cumin seeds and coriander seeds..
- Separate the Horsegram broth(for rasam preparation) and Horsegram (usually I ll make thovayal) ).
- In a large pan heat oil and add 1 tsp mustard, ½ tsp cumin, dry red chillies and few curry leaves..
- Add shallots and garlic, fry till translucent and now add 1 tomato, tamarind extract, turmeric, cumin powder, pepper powder and salt..
- Cover and boil for 10 minutes and then add reserved extract (horsegram broth) and mix well..
- Boil for 2 minutes making sure the flavour is absorbed..
- Finally, add coriander leaves and enjoy kollu rasam as a soup or with hot steamed rice..
Also it is very good for weight loss. This kollu Rasam can also be taken as soup. Horse gram or Kollu is a widely pulse consumed in South India. These pulse are rich in nutrients. We can make kollu soup or rasam or kollu podi for.