How to Make Appetizing Whole moong dal(lentil soup)
Whole moong dal(lentil soup). Explore Soups Made with Nutrition-Packed Ingredients You Know and Love Today. Green Moong Dal Soup or Mung Bean Soup is a healthy and diabetic friendly recipe that is packed with protein and easy to digest. Soups in general are served as starters/appetizers to any meal but this soup served in small portions will go very well along with an elaborate Indian lunch.
A protein rich dish, enjoy as a lentil soup along with a side of rice. My Instant Pot Moong Dal Soup recipe consists of Moong Dal (split red lentils) and various vegetables and delicious seasonings, making this a great protein-rich vegetarian dish. It's made in the Instant Pot, so no slaving over the stove or long cook times for you. You can have Whole moong dal(lentil soup) using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Whole moong dal(lentil soup)
- It’s 1/2 cup of whole moong.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chana dal.
- It’s 2 of tomatoes.
- You need 1 tsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of Green chillies chopped.
- You need 1/2 tsp of haldi.
- It’s As per taste of Salt.
- You need As required of Water.
This is a North Karnataka style recipe for green moong dal, also known as Hesaruklu Palya [Hesarukalu means moong bean and palya means subji/curry]. This can be kept dry or as a gravy. Moong bean being protein-rich, this hesaru kalu palya is one of the perfect dishes to add more protein to your vegetarian diets. I have made this recipe by soaking moong beans overnight but If you dont have time.
Whole moong dal(lentil soup) instructions
- Wash soaked dals, then boil in a pressure cooker, with,haldi tomatoes, ginger garlic chilli paste.
- Pressure cook for 1 whistle, when done and water if thick, garnish with fresh coriander. Have with rice or just as it is,thick lentils soup is ready to enjoy..
Nutritious and flavorful, with added heat from a jalapeño, this recipe is an ideal choice for a quick evening meal. Dal is one of the principal foods of the Indian subcontinent where the term can be used to mean either an ingredient or the dish made from it. Healthy, wholesome and protein-rich instant pot green moong dal recipe made easily and quickly. It is best served with plain rice or jeera rice, roti or paratha. Or have this as a green gram lentils soup with a piece of bread or baguette.