Beetroot Rasam (Soup) Version 2. Usual Rasam but today we are going to make this rasam with Beetroot stock!!!! Health Benefits of Beetroot: It contains full of nutrients,it is a great source of fiber,iron,vitamins,potassium,iron. Check out this healthy and delicious beetroot soup / beetroot rasam for rice.
One way to eat beets more frequently without getting "beet fatigue" is to eat them in different cuisines and recipes. After making beet energy juice and picklish beet borscht with an egg, how about trying beets in Indian rasam. Although this beetroot rasam (soup) with South Indian spices is quite. You can have Beetroot Rasam (Soup) Version 2 using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beetroot Rasam (Soup) Version 2
- You need 1 of boiled Beetroot.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of grated Coconut.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Mustard.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of Urad dal.
- It’s Pinch of Hing.
- You need 6 of Garlic crushed.
- Prepare 1 of String Curry leaves.
- You need 1 of Onion chopped.
- You need 1 of Green chilli slited.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Tamarind juice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Turmeric.
- It’s As needed of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Chilli powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Mint leaves chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of Coriander leaves chopped.
Once rasam comes to boil, switch off, transfer and close with a lid. Now healthy, attractive Beetroot Rasam is ready to serve hot as a soup or rasam with. See great recipes for Borscht (Beetroot Soup) and Dumplings too! See great recipes for Black gram soup too!
Beetroot Rasam (Soup) Version 2 instructions
- Boil one beetroot drain the water. Rest the water aside for later use. Grind beetroot with coconut into smooth paste and keep aside..
- Heat 1 tsp of oil, once hot add mustard, cumin seeds, urad dal and hing. Once mustard splutter add crushed garlic and curry leaves..
- Add onion, green chilli, turmeric. Saute for couple of minutes. Now add tamarind juice. Boil for 4 minutes in medium flame. Now add beetroot paste, Boiled water..
- Add salt, chilli powder, mint leaves. Boil for another 5 minutes in low flame. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice and papad..
My version is a thicker rasam that I served for a one-course dinner with hot fresh cooked white basmati rice mixed with some of my tamarind chutney. On the side, the rich green leaves from the beets, dressed with a small minced shallot, juice from half a lemon, a few splashes of olive oil, a sprinkle of sea salt and some freshly cracked pepper. A simple recipe to prepare Rasam using the Beet cooked water. Garnish it with cilantro and beet rasam is ready. The color was unbelievable, so was the taste too.