Recipe: Perfect Coconut Milk Rasam (Soup)
Coconut Milk Rasam (Soup). thengai paal rasam with step by step photo and video recipe. basically, rasam or rasa means flavored liquid or soup prepared with tamarind juice as its base. primarily, rasam recipes are served or consumed with hot steamed rice. however, these days, it is also consumed as soup for common cold and indigestion. furthermore, rasam recipes are even. *Mash coarsely Garlic, Jeera and Pepper in Mortar and Pestle and keep ready Rasam/Soup mix. * Saute till aroma spreads and mix in mashed tomatoes. * Mix in Salt to taste,and saute on moderate . The taste of this rasam is different than the usual Tamarind rasam or Tomato rasam as the addition of coconut milk gives a creamy subtle sweet hint in the rasam. But of course the rasam does have a sour taste as tamarind is used.
This soup goes very well with the steaming rice accompanied with some spicy vegetable fry. I have no idea why it is called as soup and its a thinner version of kurma. But this soup no way resembles the tomato soup which is served as an appetizer. You can cook Coconut Milk Rasam (Soup) using 18 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coconut Milk Rasam (Soup)
- It’s 1 tsp of Coconut oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Methi seeds.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of urad dal.
- You need 2 of Red chilli broken.
- It’s 1 of string Curry leaves.
- It’s Pinch of Hing.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin crushed.
- Prepare 4 of Garlic cloves crushed.
- It’s 2 of Green chilli broken.
- It’s 1 of Tomato chopped finely.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Tamarind water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Turmeric.
- It’s 1 Cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Crushed Pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of Thick Coconut milk.
- It’s As needed of Coriander leaves.
- Prepare As needed of Salt.
Popular Mysore rasam is a classic combination of spicy, tangy and mild sweet flavor that gives a real treat to your taste buds. Tamarind, jaggery and coconut milk make this rasam slightly sweet and sour in taste while rasam powder makes it spicy and aromatic. In this stepwise photo recipe, freshly grounded spices powder is used to make it flavorful. 当腊味煲仔饭遇上胡椒猪肚鸡你又以为有故事？还是没有! pig maw and chicken soup with pepper Liziqi Channel – Duration.
Coconut Milk Rasam (Soup) instructions
- Heat oil in kadai add methi seeds, Mustard, urad dal. Once mustard done add broken red chilli, curry leaves and hing. Saute for 30 sec..
- Now add crushed cumin, garlic and green chillies. Saute couple of seconds and add chopped tomato, tamarind water and one more cup of water. Add salt. Boil for 10 minutes in low flame..
- Now add crushed pepper, thick coconut milk and let it boil for 3 minutes in low flame. Adjust salt and garnish with coriander leaves. Enjoy with rice and papad..
Rasam is a South Indian soup. There are many different types of rasam, but the common ingredients tend to be tamarind juice, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves. After discovering tomato rasam, coconut milk rasam is now my daughter's favorite. Prep-ahead tip: Make the coconut milk and rasam powder ahead of time. You can… Coconut Milk Rasam, one of my favourite rasam.