Recipe: Delicious Masala Soup
Masala Soup. Inspired by classic Indian chicken tikka masala, we dreamed up a soup recipe built around the iconic flavors of that dish. Say hello to a new weeknight favorite—chicken tikka masala soup! The warm and grounding flavors of garam masala, ginger, turmeric, cumin, and cinnamon infuse the tikka masala sauce-inspired soup base.
This vegan garam masala carrot soup is my only little twist. The addition of full-fat coconut milk (*the soup is dairy-free!) makes this carrot soup insanely creamy and smooth. This soup unintentionally checks all of the boxes: gluten-free, vegan (and thus, vegetarian), paleo, dairy-free. You can have Masala Soup using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Masala Soup
- It’s of Small knob of butter (or double up the oil of you want to keep it vegan).
- You need 1 tsp of coconut oil.
- It’s 1 of heaped tsp cinnamon.
- You need 1 of heaped tsp garam masala.
- It’s 1 of level tsp nigella seeds.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 of sundried tomatoes (can use plum or cherry if not available), chopped.
- Prepare 1 of heaped tablespoon tomato puree.
- Prepare 1 of leek – finely chopped.
- You need 1 inch of cube fresh ginger, grated.
- Prepare 2 of medium white potatoes, peeled and finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of medium sweet potato, peeled and finely chopped.
- It’s 2 of medium parsnips, peeled and finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 litre of veg stock – I use bouillon (which can be vegan and low salt).
- It’s 1 cup of tinned coconut milk.
- You need 1 tsp of mango chutney (optional).
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s Squeeze of lime.
- It’s 1 tbsp of plain, full fat yoghurt.
This Creamy Chicken Marsala Soup is everything you love about the classic pasta…slow simmered into a cozy, creamy, comforting soup. Feel free to make yours with any kind of pasta shape or noodles that you have on hand. Cold and rainy days call for warm and cozy soups. Always. ♡ And last week, on a particularly cold and … Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat; add the onion, green bell pepper, and red bell pepper.
Masala Soup step by step
- Melt the butter and oil in a saucepan. Add the nigella seeds, cinnamon and garam masala and cook on a medium heat for 2 minutes..
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes..
- Whilst the garlic is cooking, whizz up the sundried tomatoes, tomato puree, leek and ginger in a blender with a dash of boiling water. You could just grind it all together in a pestle and mortar if you dont have a blender small enough..
- Add this paste to the pan and cook for 10 minutes..
- Add 2 tbsps of coconut milk and mix with the paste. Mix in all your chopped veg and stir well. Cook for a few minutes, stirring..
- Now add your stock and the rest of the coconut milk. Bring to the boil and simmer on a low heat with the lid on for 20 minutes, or until your veg are soft..
- Add a heaped tsp of mango chutney and whizz your soup with a hand blender until it is completely smooth – I think this soup is best without any lumps!.
- Add the lime juice, yoghurt and salt and pepper to taste. Stir well and serve in a warm bowl with some lovely bread – or maybe a small, warm naan bread..
This soup tastes just like your favorite Indian takeout! This Chicken Tikka Masala Soup is a big, warm, flavorful, slightly spicy bowl of Indian food goodness. Even though the weather is starting to warm up, don't pass up a chance to enjoy this soup. My favorite thing about tikka masala is the curry spice blend. Healthy but filling and gently spiced, red lentil masala soup is a weeknight-easy vegetarian soup that the whole family will love! Vegan, dairy-free Winter is digging in its heels here in the Midwest, and if there was ever a time for hot soup to do the catwalk and be all like, "Yes, shivering Humans, love and adore me," this is it.