Recipe: Tasty Drumstick dal soup
Drumstick dal soup. Remove the drumsticks, coriander stems, curry leaf strips from the soup. With the help of the hand blender make it into a paste, in this add drumstick pulp boil till the soup become thick. How to make Drumstick Dal Soup Recipe.
Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Then squeeze the pulp of pressure cooked drumsticks and boil it. Drumstick dal recipe with step by step photos. You can have Drumstick dal soup using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Drumstick dal soup
- You need 1/2 cup of boiled toor dal.
- You need 1 of drumstick.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oil.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 of red chilli.
- You need To taste of Salt.
- It’s 1/4 spoon of mustard seeds.
- It’s 1/4 spoon of cumin seeds.
- You need 1/4 spoon of asafoetida.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
This drumstick dal recipe is the way my mom makes it. I love the flavor and taste of drumsticks in the dal, rather than plain dal. Whenever I go to the market, I always make sure to buy drumsticks so that I could add it to the dal. Drumsticks are very good for health and should be included in the diet.
Drumstick dal soup instructions
- First wash dal and soap for 30 minutes then boil in pressure cooker with 4-5 whistles.
- Then take a pan and heat oil then add mustard seeds cumin seeds, asafoetida, red chilli, bay leaf and drumstick then cook well until become a drumstick soft then add boiled dal and half cup of water salt lemon juice and cook for 4 to 5 minutes then serve hot..
The Drumstick Dal Recipe is a lip smacking day that is packed with flavours from the onion, lot of tomatoes, green chillies and is given a a delicious ghee tadka of curry leaves and hing. Adding drumsticks to your diet gives you a plethora of health benefits. Drumsticks regulates blood sugar levels, helps improve digestive health, great for developing stronger bones, helps purifying blood. Add little salt and cook till soft. Drain and reserve the cooking liquid.