How to Make Yummy Toor Dal Soup(Arhar Dal)
Toor Dal Soup(Arhar Dal). The Best Toor Dal Soup Recipes on Yummly One Pot Masoor-toor Dal (lentil Soup), Mango Dal – Easy Toor Dal Soup With Mango, Dal Fry – Spiced Indian Lentil Soup Notes. Toor dal, dry red chillies and Kashmiri chilli powder are all readily available in Indian grocery stores.
Toor Dal is extremely delicious dal dish, because of its tangy taste and the seasoning of various seeds and asafoetida. Toor Dal is famous with several other names, such as Tuvar dal, Arhar dal, Split pigeon pea. Now add enough water to cook these and add salt. You can have Toor Dal Soup(Arhar Dal) using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Toor Dal Soup(Arhar Dal)
- You need 1/2 cup of Toor dal(pigeon pea).
- It’s 1 of small piece Tomato.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of carrot.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of bottle gourd.
- It’s 5-6 of coriander stems.
- You need 1 of small onion.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ginger.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oil.
Once you get the whistles just switch off the flame and transfer it into a blender to make a fine paste. gujarati dal recipe Arhar dal recipe – this is a lightly spiced and delicious Punjabi arhar dal fry made with pigeon pea lentils (toor dal or yellow lentils). There are many ways of making dal or lentils and this recipe is one such method. The consistency of this delicious dal is not thin but a little towards the thicker side.
Toor Dal Soup(Arhar Dal) step by step
- Wash and soak toor dal for 1/2hr. Wash coriander stems properly with roots.Chopped all vegetables..
- Heat oil in a cooker. Add onion saute for a min. Add all vegetables coriander stems except garlic and toor dal. Mix well. Add 1glass of water. And whistle 4-5.
- Now open the lid. And blend with blender. And strain..
- Heat butter in a pan add chopped garlic and saute till it looks red brown for burnt flavour and add dal mixture and salt. Cook for 4-5min. And serve hot. Delicious creamy Toor dal soup is ready to serve. Garnish with coriander stems..
Toor Dal is very easy and quick to prepare as compared to other pulses such as Rajma or Kala Chana which take longer to cook. Being rich in protein, Toor Dal aka Split Pigeon Pea Soup is a tasty and fulfilling dish, usually served with green veggies, rice, cereals, lemon and curd/yogurt. Arhar is perennial in duration while tur is annual. Pigeon pea is classified into two: Cajanus cajan var bicolor – ARHAR * extensively cultivated in North India * Woody perennial in nature * Inflorescence- axillary receme Cajanus cajan var flavus-. Toor dal is a great place to start your Indian food cooking journey, because it is a relatively forgiving dish if you don't have a lot of experience.