Easiest Way to Make Tasty Aalu Rassa (Indian Potato Soup)
Aalu Rassa (Indian Potato Soup). Aalu Rassa (Indian Potato Soup) Easy to make. Aloo rasedar recipe with step by step photos – spiced and tasty potato gravy dish from the Uttar Pradesh cuisine. Sharing one Easy potato curry recipe which is made with tomatoes, ginger, spices and of course potatoes.
Once the potatoes are done, making the gravy is very easy. Aloo Masala, Cooking, potato curry for poori, Indian potato curry, Indian Cuisine, Bhandarewale Aloo ki Sabzi, indian recipes, aloo tamatar ki sabji, Website Category, breakfast recipe Only on. [Photograph: Max Falkowitz] Rasam is a thin tomato soup often served as a dip or broth in Indian cuisine. This is very much my own version, with a flavor inspired by what's often found in restaurants, but bulked up by additional spices like paprika to keep it from being too thin. You can have Aalu Rassa (Indian Potato Soup) using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Aalu Rassa (Indian Potato Soup)
- It’s 500 grams of Potatoes.
- Prepare 5 Pods of Garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 Inch of Ginger.
- You need 1 of Big Tomoto.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Red Chilli Powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Black Pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Chopped Coriander.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s 2 cup of Water or more as required.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Margarine or Butter.
- It’s 1 of big chopped onion.
Amchoor is added at the beginning with other fried spices to provide another base flavor that recedes mostly into. Aloo curry is the Indian version of a rustic potato soup. It's a very simple recipe that calls for just a handful of ingredients and it takes no time at all to make. I grew up eating this very mild curry as a child and so for me, this is comfort food.
Aalu Rassa (Indian Potato Soup) step by step
- Boil potatoes in pressure cooker with enough water.. Give three to four whistle.. Keep for cooling…
- Open the pressure cooker lid n take out potatoes.. Peel the skin..
- Now take half of potatoes n mash partially with light hand. Remain half potatoes cut into cubes. Keep aside..
- Heat oil in a skillet… When oil start to smoke.. Add cumin seeds.. Its start to pop.. Now add chopped garlic.. Saute it till brown.. Add chopped onion.. Saute it till transparent.. Add chopped ginger.. Saute it.. Keep flame in medium..
- Now add chopped tomatoes n salt. Keep lid on the pan.. After two minutes open the lid. Stir it..
- Now add turmeric, red chilli n black pepper.. Stir continuously. It's begin to release oil..
- Now add mashed n cubes potatoes.. Mix well.. When all spices coat the potatoes.. Add water.. Cook for 5-7 min.. Now it's soup consistency…
- Off the flame.. Sprinkle coriander leaves.. Add butter..
- Enjoy with bread..
Aloo recipes – Indian potato recipes. Potato is one of the most versatile & easily available root vegetable across the world. Hence it is used in regular cooking in Indian as well in world cuisines. Potatoes are not only naturally gluten free but are also a rich source of carbohydrates, antioxidants and vitamin B & C. We use potatoes quite often to make curries, stir fry, snacks, chips, french.