How to Prepare Delicious French Onion Soup – Indian Fusion Style
French Onion Soup – Indian Fusion Style. French Onion Soup – Indian Fusion Style, a marvellous creation to spice up your day. French Onion Soup – Indian Fusion Style is one dish that no matter how much the stomach might be full, you just can't stop yourself from having a bite. The relishing flavours, the appealing texture and the amazing aroma absolutely is just mouth-watering.
But today I gave a twist to it and made it in an Indian fusion style, complete with our very own traditional spices. How to Make French onion soup. Fry the onions till they become golden brown while stirring continuously. You can have French Onion Soup – Indian Fusion Style using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of French Onion Soup – Indian Fusion Style
- You need 3 of large onions, sliced.
- You need 3-4 of garlic cloves, chopped.
- You need to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp. of roasted coriander-cumin powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of garam masala powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of pepper powder or to taste.
- It’s 2-3 tbsp. of roasted oats.
- You need 1 of chicken / vegetable cube.
- You need 1 tsp. of oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of butter.
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp. of fried onions.
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp. of coriander leaves, chopped.
- It’s 1-2 tbsp. of grated cheese.
- It’s of few bread croutons.
Add the stock and bring to a boil. Add salt, bay leaves and black pepper powder and simmer for half an hour. Ladle soup into oven safe serving bowls and place one slice of bread on top of each (bread may be broken into pieces if you prefer). It is a simple, delicious and a hearty one-pot meal.
French Onion Soup – Indian Fusion Style step by step
- Heat oil and butter in a pan and saute the garlic first till light brown. Add the onion and continue to fry till light golden in colour..
- Now add all the dry powdered spices and mix well. Switch off the flame..
- Add the oats, chicken / vegetable cube and 3-4 cups water..
- Pressure cook for 3-4 whistles. When it cools down, blend it & heat through..
- Serve, garnished with coriander leaves, fried onion cheese & bread croutons..
But today I gave a twist to it and made it in an Indian fusion style, complete with our very own traditional spices like coriander powder, garam masala powder, etc. Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. French Onion Soup – Soupe à l'oignon à la Lyonnaise. I could 'virtually' smell this delightful soup whilst still in the research stages, that is how powerful the flavour of a really good french onion soup is. And it seems there are as many variations on a theme for this soup as there are departments in France.