Recipe: Perfect Indian Star Gooseberry Soup
Indian Star Gooseberry Soup. How to make Indian Star Gooseberry Soup: Wash the small gooseberries, drain and keep aside. Indian Star Gooseberry Soup A lip-smacking, tangy and spicy light soup made with Indian gooseberry, which makes you leaving feeling warm and good about yourself! Amla Rasam or Indian Gooseberry/Nellikai Rasam is a mildly spiced healthy rasam (south Indian soup like broth) made from wholesome gooseberries full of nutrients and vitamins.
Star gooseberry pickle or Harfi Achaar recipe – an easy recipe of Star gooseberry pickle which requires no sunlight or drying in the sun. Every summer, I make this Punjabi Mango pickle. this time I did not make any mango pickle as in the summers, it would rain at times and would be cloudy. Did not want to take a chance. You can have Indian Star Gooseberry Soup using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Indian Star Gooseberry Soup
- It’s 2 cups of small gooseberries.
- You need 1 tsp of jeera/cumin seeds.
- You need 1 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- You need 10-15 of black peppercorns.
- It’s 1-2 of green chillies, cut up.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of hing/asafetida.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oil.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need as needed of Coriander leaves/cilantro for garnishing.
Strangely enough, officially its the monsoon season here and its not. Rajavalo Soup/Indian Star Gooseberry Soup is a lip-smacking, tangy and spicy light soup which makes you leaving feeling good about yourself! Amla Soup (Indian gooseberry soup) Amla (Indian gooseberry) is rich in vitamin C and has many health benefits. It boosts the immune system and strengthens the body system to fight against many conditions.
Indian Star Gooseberry Soup step by step
- Wash the small gooseberries, drain and keep aside..
- In a small saucepan, in 1 tsp of oil, fry the dry spices; jeera, coriander seeds, peppercorns and hing along with green chillies for about 1 to 2 minutes until lightly roasted or fried..
- Blend this fried mixture along with gooseberries (along with seeds) to a fine paste. Transfer the paste to a large, deep saucepan or pot..
- Add 2 cups of water and mix well. Stir in salt to taste along with turmeric powder and bring to a boil..
- Simmer for about 3 to 5 minutes and strain the mixture..
- Adjust the salt and serve hot gooseberry juice/#soup/rasam garnished with chopped coriander leaves. Enjoy!!! #Wintersoup..
It is also good for hair growth and reduces gray hair. Consuming amla is helpful during hot conditions and it protects body from heat while. Phyllanthus acidus, known as the Otaheite gooseberry, Malay gooseberry, Tahitian gooseberry, country gooseberry, star gooseberry, starberry, arbari, West India gooseberry, or simply gooseberry tree, is one of the trees with edible small yellow berries fruit in the family Phyllanthaceae. Despite its name, the plant does not resemble the gooseberry, except for the acidity of its fruits. VILLAGE FOOD – Star Gooseberry Recipe, nellikai pickle in tamil,nellikai pickle kerala style, Hi friends, This nutritious Tangy amla soup is easy to prepare.