Easiest Way to Make Yummy Purple soup (south Indian style)
Purple soup (south Indian style). Is purple cabbage and red cabbage are the same ? I was thinking both are different. But after i googled i found some results saying both are same in nutrients, only colors are different.
When i asked my friends to suggest me some recipes with it,all of them. It is a south Indian delicacy and has the authentic flavours of Curry leaves and mustard. In this recipe, Toor Dal (Split pigeon peas) is cooked with Onion, Tomato and spices. You can cook Purple soup (south Indian style) using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Purple soup (south Indian style)
- You need 1 cup of Shredded purple cabbage.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Pearl onion.
- Prepare 1 of Tomato.
- You need 1 of Green chilli.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare as needed of Pepper powder.
- You need 1 of Cardamon.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 small piece of Cinnamon.
- It’s as needed of Gingelly oil.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Saunf.
- Prepare few of Chopped Coriander leaves.
This dal is super palatable and has perfectly balanced taste of Salt, Chilli and tanginess. This dal goes amazing with steamed Rice and makes a complete. Learn how to make Rasam with chef Sneha Nair only on Get Curried. Rasam is very popular south Indian delicacy.
Purple soup (south Indian style) instructions
- Pour gingelly oil in a pan. Put in cinnamon, cardamom,saunf and saute it..
- Add pearl onions and saute it till it turns golden brown..
- Put in tomatoes and saute it till it becomes mushy. Put ginger garlic paste and saute it and also add some shredded cabbage. Cook till it's half cooked..
- Let it cool and blend it in the mixer grinder..
- Pour some oil in pan and put in the paste. Pour some water in the pan and put it in simmer for 7-8 minutes and off the stove..
- Serve it with pepper, salt and few chopped coriander leaves..
It is yummy and tasty and is eaten with rice or separately as a spicy soup. Sing, dance and make Purple Stew with the Moose Tube Crew! Dal Shorba Recipe is a healthy lentil soup that can be prepared in less time with ingredients available at home. It is very comforting in winters and packed with proteins. It is best served as appetizer with croutons or bread sticks.