Recipe: Delicious curry pumpkin soup
curry pumpkin soup. Pumpkin (or butternut squash) soup can go a whole bunch of directions. Red curry is one of my favorite things, especially mixed with creamy coconut. I whipped this up for my family on Thanksgiving, and everyone Even my brother, who is one of the pickiest eaters I know, asked for seconds of this curry pumpkin soup.
Coconut curry pumpkin soup is a bowl of comfort with a kick. Upgrade dinner tonight with this easy Coconut Curry Pumpkin Soup recipe from Delish.com. Coconut milk gives this garlicky soup its intensely creamy texture. You can have curry pumpkin soup using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of curry pumpkin soup
- You need 16 oz of pumpkin fresh or caned.
- Prepare 1 each of med potatoes cubed.
- It’s 1/2 medium of onion thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of stock.
- You need 2 each of sage leaves fresh.
- You need 1 pinch of sea salt.
- Prepare 1 pinch of black pepper fresh.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of gram masala curry powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of coconut cream.
- You need 1 each of tomatoes peeled & chopped.
How to Make Curried Red Lentil and Pumpkin Soup – Step by Step Photos. Stir the soup to make sure everything is mixed and the canned pumpkin is dissolved into the broth. This pumpkin soup is inspired by Kath's creamy curry butternut soup. If you try this vegan curried pumpkin soup, be sure to leave a comment and star rating letting me know how it turns out.
curry pumpkin soup instructions
- heat the oil in saucepan, carmalize the onions then add the pumpkin and potatoes simmer for 5 minutes. Add the stock (reserve 1/2 cup), chopped tomato and sage leaves. Cover and simmer for about 10-15 minutes, until vegetables are soft..
- Mix coconut cream with reserved stock until smooth. Useing a blender,process the soup until smooth then slowly mix in stock coconut cream mixture. Pour into clean sauce pan gently reheat (do not reheat with cover on after adding coconut cream).
- May be refrigerated for about a week or frozen for up to 3 months (may seperate while defrosting this does not effect the flavor, use blender to emulisfy).
Pumpkin Curry Soup is an easy to make soup which warms your soul, it's vegan and gluten-free too. Flavors from Thai curry paste and coconut milk make this pumpkin coconut curry soup a. Add the coconut milk, pumpkin purée, and vegetable broth. This Curry Pumpkin Soup recipe is made with red curry paste for the perfect amount of heat, creamy coconut & pumpkin puree for a spicy holiday treat! This savory side dish recipe uses pumpkin puree and chicken broth as a base and adds flavor with curry powder.