Easiest Way to Make Tasty Butternut soup
Butternut soup. Enjoy Our Tasty Butternut Squash Bisque Made with Apple and Cinnamon! This recipe is so simple, and yet is the tastiest butternut soup ever! I am quite sure that the chilli pepper has a great deal to do with its success, it really is just a hint of a burn, but brings out the rich, nutty flavour of the squash perfectly.
Pour in enough of the chicken stock to cover vegetables. Butternut Squash Soup Recipes Savory, sweet and nutritious, butternut squash is versatile and delicious. We've chosen some of our favorite recipes that showcase this seasonal vegetable. You can cook Butternut soup using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Butternut soup
- You need 1 of medium onion finely chopped.
- You need 1 of medium butternut squash peeled deseeded and cubed.
- You need 1 of garlic clove chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of low sodium chicken or veg stock.
- It’s 1 of ground black pepper to taste.
Love butternut squash soup but was particularly pleased with the addition of the red pepper. Instead of garlic I minced a piece of peeled ginger – about a one inch chunk – and instead of sugar I chopped up two medium sized peeled apples and added them with the squash, onions, etc. Added fresh thyme leaves to the ingredients as they sauteed. This traditional butternut squash soup will go great with grilled cheese sandwiches and salads through the end of winter.
Butternut soup instructions
- Eat oil or butter in large saucepan. Fry the onions until soft.
- Add the squash, garlic, garam masala, and cumin and fry gently for a few min stirring so it doesnt burn..
- Add the stock. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 30 min..
- When squash is softx blend into smooth soup in blender..
- Add pepper to taste.
Keep it in mind for the holidays, too. I designed this soup to complement typical Thanksgiving fare, like green beans and mashed potatoes. This easy butternut squash soup recipe is a great make-ahead option. Check out our top-rated winter squash soup recipes. Garnish with sliced scallions, toasted squash seeds, or shrimp.