Recipe: Tasty Cream of Carrot Soup
Cream of Carrot Soup. Heat butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add carrots, potato, onion, celery, chicken broth, and ginger. In a blender, blend carrots and broth until smooth. In a large saucepan, bring broth and carrots to a boil.
The butter and flour mixture — what's called a roux — gives it body and silkiness. Pour pureed mixture into a large bowl. Add butter to a large pot on the stove and melt over medium heat. You can have Cream of Carrot Soup using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cream of Carrot Soup
- Prepare 1 kg of carrots, peeled and cut in chunks.
- Prepare 1 of large potato, peeled and cut in chunks.
- You need 4 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 of orange juice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt, or more.
- It’s 1 of pinch of all spices.
- It’s 1 of pinch of paprika.
- Prepare 1 of pinch of curry.
- Prepare 1 of pinch of cumin.
Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. In a saucepan, soften the onion in the butter over medium heat. Add the carrots, potatoes and broth. In a blender, purée the soup until smooth.
Cream of Carrot Soup instructions
- In a presure cook, put the carrots, potatoes, chicken broth, salt, all spices, paprika, curry and cumin then cook for 25 min. If you choose to cook in a pan cook until the carrots and potatoes are tender, approximately 35 min..
- Blend the carrots and potatoes with some of the stock to have a smooth and runny consistency..
- Return to a non stick pot, add milk and orange juice. Warm up and enjoy!.
A vibrant and tasty soup made by simmering carrots with garlic, onion, chicken stock, milk, dill and chives. If you prefer a creamier soup, use cream instead of the milk. Creamy Carrot Soup recipe is easy, healthy and delicious! It's made with carrots, onions, garlic, ginger and a splash of cream that takes it over the top! Much like a Butternut Squash Soup, this recipe has brilliant color and comforting flavor; it'll be a new family favorite in no time.