Recipe: Delicious Savory Curry Soup
Savory Curry Soup. Begin by heating a large pot or dutch oven over medium/high heat and add olive oil and minced garlic. Melt fat of choice over medium heat. Stir in red curry paste, garlic, and ginger and cook for another minute.
Each packet includes the pre-measured spices needed to make a quick. Combine curry powder, turmeric, cumin, pepper, and cayenne (if using) in a small bowl. Heat fat of choice in large soup pot and saute onions until translucent and starting to brown. You can cook Savory Curry Soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Savory Curry Soup
- Prepare 1 cup of cashews (soaked for 2 hours unless you have a high speed blender).
- You need 3 cups of vegetable broth, divided.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, finely diced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 Tbsp of fresh ginger, minced.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of curry powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of salt (optional).
- It’s 4-5 cups of vegetables, chopped (carrots, potatoes, celery, Brussel sprouts, kale, whatever you like).
- You need 1 cup of water.
Spice 'n Easy mixes are designed to make meals more approachable to all levels of home cooks. We captured the essence of three traditional Thai dishes in this gift set—Lemongrass Panang Curry, Massaman Curry and Thai Coconut Soup. Try this and other spice sets from Savory Spice. This Spicy Coconut Thai Curry Soup is the perfect weeknight meal.
Savory Curry Soup instructions
- If you soaked your cashews, drain them. Put in your blender with 2 C of vegetable broth. Blend until smooth, scraping down sides of blender as needed. Set aside..
- Heat up a large pot and add oil. Saute onions until translucent; about 3 minutes. Add garlic and ginger, cook until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Add curry power, garam masala, cumin and toss for a minute..
- Add your vegetables, salt, 1 cup vegetable broth and 1 cup water. Bring to a simmer until vegetables are almost soft. Add cashew mixture and simmer until vegetables are soft. If you are using greens like kale or peas, add them at the end to retain color and nutrients..
- Serve over rice or with warm bread..
It is packed with veggies, healthy fats, and a ton of flavor! Creamy Curried Butternut Squash Soup infused with coconut milk and yellow curry powder. A savory, simple soup that's perfect for the fall and winter months. Melt butter with olive oil in a large stock pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. The aroma, the color, the taste, it's all good.