Easiest Way to Make Tasty Hungarian Cabbage Roll Soup
Hungarian Cabbage Roll Soup.
You can cook Hungarian Cabbage Roll Soup using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hungarian Cabbage Roll Soup
- Prepare 1 lb of bacon.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 of onion, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 4 cups of low sodium chicken stock.
- You need 2 of Bou beef bouillon cubes.
- It’s 28 oz of can diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 10 oz of can condensed tomato soup.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of V8 vegetable juice.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 Head of green cabbage.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of long or wild rice.
- You need of Parsley.
Hungarian Cabbage Roll Soup step by step
- Cut your cabbage in half through the stem. Cut each half in half through its stem. Cut the stem out of the cabbage as a wedge. Cut the cabbage into roughly inch by inch pieces..
- Prepare the other ingredients. Combine the onion and garlic. Combine the paprika, black pepper, and thyme. Group the stock, diced tomatoes, soup, and juice. Measure the rice out..
- Add some oil of your choice to your pot and heat over high heat. Add the beef and brown..
- Add the onion and garlic, and cook until softened..
- Add the tomato paste and the spices, and cook until starting to stick to the bottom..
- Add the stock, diced tomatoes, tomato soup, V8 juice, beef bouillon, and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the rice, stir, then add the cabbage. Cover and simmer 45 min..
- While the soup is cooking, fry the bacon (or bake at 375°F for ~20 min)..
- Crumble the cooked bacon and mince a handful of parsley. Add to the soup and serve.