Recipe: Yummy Indian Red lentil soup with Garam Masala
Indian Red lentil soup with Garam Masala. Try Our Well Yes!® Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About. For my red lentil masala soup, I also added barley, which, together with the lentils, make a super hearty, pile-it-high-on-your-spoon soup. The kind where you need only a crusty loaf of bread to fill out your dinner menu.
I have meanwhile made a few different versions of red lentil soup and this is the 'special' combination I like the most. This garam masala seasoned lentil soup has a hearty mix of vegetables and is full of lively, aromatic flavors. Plus, you can easily find all of the ingredients to make this soup perfectly. You can cook Indian Red lentil soup with Garam Masala using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Indian Red lentil soup with Garam Masala
- It’s 150 grams of dried red lentils (cooking time about 20min).
- You need 750 ml of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 400 grams of ripe tomatoes (can).
- Prepare 1/4 bunch of or fresh parsley.
- It’s 1-2 centimeter of fresh ginger root.
- It’s 100-150 milliliter of coconut milk.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garam masala indian spicemix (see also my recipe).
- Prepare of some fresh ground pepper and sea salt.
- Prepare of optional:.
- You need 1 of small red chili pepper if you like it more hot.
Red lentils, veggies, garbanzo beans and coconut come together in this wonderfully flavorful Clean Eating Garam Masala Red Lentil Stew recipe! This red lentil curry recipe was inspired by Naturally Ella. It's packed with leafy greens, thickened with dairy-free coconut milk, spiced with a mix of Indian anti-inflammatory ingredients, and finished with some sliced avocado. This is a great make-ahead meal and can keep in the fridge for up to week.
Indian Red lentil soup with Garam Masala instructions
- Wash the red lentils and put aside.
- Peel the onion and garlic, chop fine and put aside.
- If you want to use the chili pepper wash it then cut it open and remove the seeds and cut fine and put aside.
- Peel the skin from the ginger root, grate it and put aside.
- Cut the peeled tomatoes into cubes and put aside with juice.
- Put a 2 liter soup pan on medium heat with some olive oil, add the onion, garlic and optional the red chili pepper and fry slowly untill the onion is soft and looks glassy.
- Now add the grated ginger root, the garam masala and cumin and slowly fry for another minute or to release all the flavours.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken stock and red lentils and bring to boil.
- Let boil for about 20 min then blend smooth with an electrical hand blender, add the coconut milk and boil another minute.
- Add pepper and salt to taste and garnish with some parsley.
Place all ingredients except for the coconut milk in your slow cooker. In the last hour or two of cooking, respectively, check to see if the lentils need more liquid, and add extra broth or water. In a large stock pot or Dutch oven, heat the oil. Add the garlic, ginger, serrano, cumin, garam masala, and coriander. Garam masala dal with red beets: Easy and spicy Indian beetroot red lentil curry..