Recipe: Delicious Spicy Coconut Soup with Vegetables and Tofu (Sayur Lodeh Pedas)
Spicy Coconut Soup with Vegetables and Tofu (Sayur Lodeh Pedas). Sayur lodeh is Indonesian vegetable stew in coconut milk. Like its cousin, sayur asem, sayur lodeh has no fixed rules on which vegetables to use. As long as you have the ingredients to prepare the spiced coconut milk broth, you can create your own version of lodeh from an assortment of.
I remember how often my mom made this. My mom loved to make rice cakes wrapped in banana leaves and this sayur lodeh is one of the must. Third, coconut curry soup is also, very AMAZING → Chickpea & Vegetable Coconut Curry Soup. You can have Spicy Coconut Soup with Vegetables and Tofu (Sayur Lodeh Pedas) using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy Coconut Soup with Vegetables and Tofu (Sayur Lodeh Pedas)
- You need 200 gr of tempeh (soy bean cake).
- Prepare 2 of chokos.
- It’s 200 gr of white tofu.
- It’s 1/2 of red onion.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves.
- You need 3 of long red chilies.
- Prepare 3 of jalapenos (optional).
- You need 2 cups of coconut milk.
- It’s 1 cm of galangal.
- It’s 1 of bayleaf.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
Fourth, each of these things combined, might be even Here I present to you: Spicy Tofu & Potato Coconut Curry Soup → crispy golden-brown tofu, plenty of vegetables: tender Creamer potatoes. Australian Gourmet Traveller recipe for Vegetable and coconut soup (Sayur lodeh). This Thai coconut soup recipe is both vegetarian and vegan. All of the ingredients are gluten-free, except for the vegetable broth, which To make this coconut soup a full meal, just add extra tofu and vegetables (try steamed broccoli, snap peas, cauliflower or bell pepper) and serve it alongside.
Spicy Coconut Soup with Vegetables and Tofu (Sayur Lodeh Pedas) step by step
- Cut up tempeh, tofu, and chokos, put aside..
- Grind red onion, garlics, and long red chilies, put aside..
- Pre-heat cooking oil in a pot, cook ground ingredients until a little bit dry, add salt, sugar, pepper,galangal, jalapenos, and bayleaf, add water, mix well..
- Add chokos, tempeh, and tofu, wait until they are cooked properly..
- Add coconut milk, stir it until the soup boils properly..
- Serve it with steam rice, perfect to consume on cold days..
Sayur lodeh is an Indonesian vegetable soup prepared from vegetables in coconut milk popular in Indonesia, but most often associated with Javanese cuisine. Common ingredients are young unripe jackfruit, eggplant, chayote, melinjo beans and leaves, long beans, green chili pepper. The spicy and tangy broth is full of colorful vegetables and tender cubes of tofu. Add the tofu to the hot broth, and allow it to heat through ( a few minutes). Either add the sliced vegetables to the soup pot and cook until softened, or divide the vegetables into individual bowls for serving, then spoon the.