Easiest Way to Make Tasty Indian Style Creamy Tomato Soup
Indian Style Creamy Tomato Soup. Tomato soup is delicious any time of the year, for lunch or even for dinner, for every age group. If fresh tomatoes are not available, then tomato soup can be made from canned tomatoes. The homemade tomato soup contains a rich, natural tomato flavor and smooth texture.
Tomato soup is popular in all Indian restaurants. Whenever I see the menu of most of the restaurants in India, I always get to see tomato soup along with the Indo Chinese soups. Method For cream of tomato soup. You can have Indian Style Creamy Tomato Soup using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Indian Style Creamy Tomato Soup
- It’s 5 of ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped.
- You need 2 of onions, chopped.
- You need 2 small of carrots, chopped.
- You need 7 of garlic cloves, slightly smashed.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oregano.
- You need of chilli flakes.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s of fresh cream.
- You need 50 ml of tomato puree.
- Prepare bunch of spring onions.
- Prepare bunch of coriander leaves.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cooking butter.
- You need of salt.
Allow the mixture to cool completely. Blend the mixture in a mixer till smooth and strain it using a strainer. tomatoe soup recipe with detailed photo and video recipe. a healthy and tasty creamy soup recipe prepared mainly with ripe and juicy tomatoes and other spices. it is generally served or consumed as an appetizer before the meal and can be served warm or cold. it is a popular soup recipe across the world and has different variations and types depending. Tomato soup recipe – This Tomato soup is absolutely comforting, tastes delicious & is flavor packed.
Indian Style Creamy Tomato Soup step by step
- Heat the cooking butter in a pressure cooker. Don't let it brown too much..
- Add the chopped onions and garlic to the melted butter and fry till the onions turn translucent..
- Add the carrots. They need to stay in the pan longer because they have to soften considerably..
- Then add the tomatoes to the mixture and fry till they start to come apart slightly..
- Add the chopped coriander leaves, oregano, chilli flakes, turmeric and salt to the pressure cooker. Fry for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. After adding the salt, the tomatoes would start melting and start to give a saucy consistency to the mixture. Keep tasting everything to ensure the desired flavor is achieved..
- Close the pressure cooker and let it cook for 10 mins (2 whistles). Let the steam escape in it's own pace and open the cooker to cool down the mixture..
- After the contents have cooled, blend it in a mixer or using a blender. Now you can either strain the result in a soup strainer to remove the tomato seeds and skin that didn't get disintegrated (guarantees the smoothness usually associated with soup) or use the blended mixture as it is. I prefer to use the non strained version as it gives a thicker consistency and great texture without wasting anything..
- Now pour the soup back into a pan. Add the tomato puree to enhance the tomato flavour and bring to a boil. Then add the fresh cream to make the soup thick and rich..
- Finally, chop up some spring onions and mix it in. Serve with crisp croutons on top and grilled cheese sandwiches on the side..
A good tomato soup is all about flavors, with a right balance of sour & sweetness. This homemade soup is one of the best I have been making for my family. It is super simple to make and needs only a handful of ingredients yet tastes amazing. Tomato soup recipe-one of the popular soup recipes in Indian restaurants. This is my take on making the BEST restaurant style tomato soup.