How to Cook Delicious Chicken Taco Soup
Chicken Taco Soup. A hearty combination of beans, corn, tomatoes, and taco seasonings, slow cooked with shredded chicken. Top each bowl with Cheddar cheese, sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips. Made mostly of canned ingredients, this tasty soup lets the slow cooker do the work so you don't have to!
A warm tasty soup full of chicken, beans, corn, spices, and of course – tortilla strips on top! Top with cheese, chips, and sour cream. In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. You can cook Chicken Taco Soup using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Taco Soup
- It’s 1 of small whole chicken.
- It’s 1 (15 oz) of can of pinto beans-drained.
- You need 1 (15 oz) of can of black beans-drained.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can of sweet corn-drained.
- It’s 1 (10 oz) of can of green enchilada sauce.
- It’s 1 (14.5 oz) of can of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 (4 oz) of can of diced green chilies.
- It’s 1 (14 oz) of can of chicken broth.
- You need 1 packet of taco seasoning.
- It’s of Cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder.
- Prepare 2 cups of Mexican cheese blend.
Chicken Taco Soup is a quick and easy soup for a cold night! One of our favorite crock pot meals that can be made in the slow cooker or on the stove top. Serve this with some sweet cornbread and a guacamole salad! This easy slow cooker soup combines chicken, green chiles, and tomatoes with peppers and onions in a creamy, mushroom soup-based sauce.
Chicken Taco Soup instructions
- Instead of boiling and shredding the chicken, my supermarket had whole shredded rotisserie chickens ready to go. I recommend that route..
- Put your liner in your Crockpot, I never use it without. Combine all ingredients and mix in the seasonings to your liking,.
- Put the Crockpot on HIGH for 4 hours, or LOW for 8. Half way through put 1 cup of the cheese in, and sue the other to put on top when you serve it. Garnish with corn chips. Enjoy..
Easy Chicken Taco Soup is full of the same flavors found in your favourite chicken tacos, but in soup form. It's hearty, healthy and this stovetop version is incredibly simple and fast to make! Top it with your favorite toppings including cheese, tortilla chips, sour cream and jalapenos for the perfect one pot meal! Add taco seasoning and stir to blend ingredients. Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly just until covered by the other ingredients.