How to Cook Appetizing slow cooker creamy and chunky potato and leek soup
slow cooker creamy and chunky potato and leek soup. This potato leek soup is heavy on the leeks, with just enough potato to give the soup its signature creamy texture. This is a recipe you can assemble in the slow cooker and leave for the whole day, coming home to the sweet, earthy, caramel perfume of long-cooked leeks and potato. Slow Cooker Potato Leek Soup serves up a satisfying bowl of creamy pureed vegetables.
This is a thick, stick-to-your-ribs soup. If you prefer something thinner, add more stock or water to achieve your desired consistency. CROCK POT LEEK & POTATO SOUP. You can have slow cooker creamy and chunky potato and leek soup using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of slow cooker creamy and chunky potato and leek soup
- Prepare 5 large of potatoes.
- Prepare 2 of leeks.
- You need 2 medium of onions.
- You need 600 grams of creme fraiche.
- You need 1 liter of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 of cornflour.
I'll admit I'm not a fan of cold weather. It gets dark far too early for my comfort in the winter and I'm a terrible driver when it snows. Chunky Potato Leek Soup with sliced potatoes, leeks, onions, rice and cheese, is far and away the best potato leek soup recipe that I've ever tried. Why is this Chunky Potato Leek Soup special.
slow cooker creamy and chunky potato and leek soup step by step
- chop leek and onions into large pieces.
- dice potatoes into chunks.
- Chuck everything in slow cooker.
- cover with stock add salt and pepper to taste..
- put slow cooker on low for 5 hours.
- after 5 hours add creme fraiche, half the pot if you don't.want it too creamy.
- cook for another 40 minutes.
- mix cornflour and water together to make a paste, add to soup and stir, then cook for another 20 minutes.
- serve with crusty bread.
Place bacon and onion in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until bacon is evenly brown and onions are soft. This simple slow cooker homemade potato soup is a surprisingly easy preparation, and the slow cooker makes cooking nearly hands-free. Feel free to add bacon or ham to the soup, or make it vegetarian with vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. The Best Chunky Potato Soup With Bacon Recipes on Yummly