Recipe: Perfect Potato Soup – Slow Cooker
Potato Soup – Slow Cooker. Browse Our Collection Of Simple Potato Soup Recipes and Prepare Yummy Meals! Taste of Home has the best slow cooker potato soup recipes from real cooks like you, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips. How to Make Easy Slow-Cooker Potato Soup Warm up a chilly day with this easy Crock-Pot potato soup.
Once the soup has slow cooked and is about ready to serve, cook the butter in a small saucepan on the stove over medium-high heat until it has melted. This slow cooker potato soup has the same ingredients as loaded baked potatoes–russet potatoes, bacon, Cheddar cheese, sour cream, and scallions–but is delivered in soup form! This potato soup is perfect for the slow cooker. You can have Potato Soup – Slow Cooker using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato Soup – Slow Cooker
- You need 6 of Potatoes, peeled + cubed.
- Prepare 2 of Leeks, chopped.
- You need 2 of Onions, chopped.
- It’s 1 of Rib celery, sliced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Dried parsley flakes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 of Pepper.
- You need 1/3 cup of Butter.
- It’s 4 cup of Chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of Water.
- It’s 13 oz of Can evaporated milk.
- You need 1 of Chopped chives.
Add to the slow cooker and whisk to mash up some of the potatoes. Mix until cheese is melted and fully incorporated. Stir in chicken stock, onion, garlic, thyme, butter and bacon until well combined. Add diced potatoes, diced onion, minced garlic, bacon, parsley and chicken broth to the slow cooker.
Potato Soup – Slow Cooker step by step
- Combine all ingredients except milk and chives in slow cooker..
- Cover. Cook on Low 10-12 hours, or High 3-4 hours. Stir in milk during last hour..
- If desired, mash potatoes before serving..
- Garnish with chives..
To Make it Thicker There many methods to thicken soups but really, mashing or pureeing part of the soup works the best. With this method, you are using the soup ingredients themselves to create a creamier base. Use an immersion blender right in the slow cooker and blend about half of the potatoes. When the weather starts to get chilly, I turn to my plethora of healthy soup and stew recipes for inspiration. Searching for a new family-favorite meal to take some pressure off the dinner hour?