Recipe: Yummy Amazing Slow Cooker Potato Soup
Amazing Slow Cooker Potato Soup. This Slow Cooker Potato Soup recipe is thick, creamy, flavorful, and made extra easy in the crock pot! The first step in this Slow Cooker Potato Soup recipe is probably the most time consuming — chopping up a storm. Chop up lots of potatoes (I strongly recommend Yukon golds), a big onion.
This chicken soup is the easiest way to warm up. The best thing about comfort food is not actually have to cook it. Stir in chicken stock, onion, garlic, thyme, butter and bacon until well combined. You can have Amazing Slow Cooker Potato Soup using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Amazing Slow Cooker Potato Soup
- Prepare 32 oz of Frozen Hash Browns.
- It’s 32 oz of Chicken Broth.
- Prepare 1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup (10oz).
- Prepare 8 oz of Cream Cheese.
- Prepare 3 oz of Bacon Bits.
- It’s 1 cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- You need 1 of Salt & Pepper.
Definitely adding it to the menu plan for the week! Every year my Mom made cream cheese mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving. I tailored the recipe to my family's taste Cream cheese and a can of cheese soup turn ordinary sliced potatoes into a rich side dish that's perfect accompaniment to almost any meal. This slow cooker potato soup is rich and hearty, plus the slow cooker does all the work!
Amazing Slow Cooker Potato Soup instructions
- Put the potatoes in the slow cooker. Add in the chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, and half of the bacon bits. Add a pinch of salt and pepper..
- Cook on low for eight hours or until potatoes are tender..
- An hour before serving, cut the cream cheese into small cubes. Place the cubes in the slow cooker. Stir a few times during that hour before serving. Once the cream cheese is completely mixed in, it's ready to be served..
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese and additional bacon bits..
I've hesitated to make potato soup for quite some time because all I could think about is how creamy and carby it must be. Surely it's not good for me to eat that every day, right? Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Soup that's creamy, full of vegetables and chunks of ham, finished off This recipe was made in partnership with Smithfield who also sponsored this post for amazing Black Pepper Bacon Biscuits that incidentally would go fabulously with this soup! This soup actually reminds me of the cheddar baked potato soup from Bob Evans which I've been obsessed with for many years. If you're a huge fan of slow cooker recipes, don't miss my easy crock pot pork.