Cabbage and beef soup. Cabbage Soup recipe is quick to make with deliciously tender beef. Low in carbs, KETO approved and full of incredible flavour, hello healthy comfort food! Make Cabbage Soup incredible in no time with minimal ingredients: cabbage, chunks of beef, carrots, onions and garlic.
Very yummy soup that has always been a hit! Main ingredients include ground beef, cabbage, tomato sauce, kidney beans and onion. When I was a little girl, I helped my parents work the fields of their small farm. You can cook Cabbage and beef soup using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cabbage and beef soup
- Prepare 1 1/2 pounds of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion (diced).
- It’s 2 stalks of celery (sliced).
- You need 1/2 of medium bell pepper (diced).
- It’s 1 of small cabbage (shredded).
- You need 3 of medium carrots.
- You need 1 can of diced tomato.
- Prepare 1 can of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 2 cups of pork broth.
- Prepare 3 teaspoons of salt.
- You need 2 teaspoons of pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of caraway seed.
- Prepare of Suggested sides:.
- Prepare of Irish soda bread.
Lunchtime was always a treat when Mother picked fresh vegetables from the garden and simmered them in her big soup pot. Light but filling, this Beef and Cabbage Soup will fill you up without weighing you down, and will keep you warm from the inside out. I decided to make a Beef and Cabbage Soup this week because I'm taking advantage of post-St. Patrick's Day cabbage sales and I've kind of been craving red meat lately.
Cabbage and beef soup instructions
- Brown ground beef with garlic, onion, bell pepper, salt and pepper. Drain..
- Add diced tomato, tomato sauce, chicken broth, pork broth and caraway seed to meat mixture. Bring to boil..
- Add cabbage, carrots, and celery to mixture. Simmer on low for 30 minutes..
I also have a classic recipe for Corned Beef and Cabbage (also Slow Cooker and Instant Pot versions). Another festive dinner idea you may enjoy is my This is such a delicious way to enjoy corned beef incorporating lots of vegetables in a warm bowl of soup. This has become our family "go to" recipe in. Beef and Cabbage soup is so hearty and filled with beef and tons of amazing and tender veggies. This soup has ground beef, cabbage, carrots, celery, kidney beans, and diced tomatoes.