Sophie's easy crock pot nutmeg veg soup. Say Yes to Our Vegetarian Soups Crafted for Sippable Satisfaction. Great recipe for Sophie's easy crock pot nutmeg veg soup. A yummy warning soup, great for leftover veg!
I have two types of this soup: one I call "The Blonde Cook's Homemade Hearty Vegetable Soup" and one I call "Big John's Redneck Crockpot Vegetable Soup". The difference is the first one is all fresh ingredients, the second is all canned vegetables. I prefer to use the veg listed, but so long as you keep the veggies fairly green it should still work. You can cook Sophie's easy crock pot nutmeg veg soup using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sophie's easy crock pot nutmeg veg soup
- Prepare of vegetable stock.
- You need of garlic puree.
- Prepare of asparagus stalks.
- Prepare of broccoli head.
- It’s of chopped up carrot.
- It’s of drained can sweetcorn.
- It’s of quark or other low fat cream cheese.
- Prepare of ground nutmeg (or grate your own)..
Sweet potatoes cook in the crockpot with vegetable broth until tender and then are pureed silky smooth. The puree goes back into the slow cooker, along with some light or heavy cream, brown sugar, cloves, and nutmeg, for a final hour of cooking before the soup is ready to serve. See great recipes for Strawberry Quark cheesecake, quark cheese smoothie too! I prefer to use the veg listed, but so long as you keep the veggies fairly green it should still work flavour wise.
Sophie's easy crock pot nutmeg veg soup instructions
- Turn your slow cooker onto low, and add the stock and garlic puree..
- Chop all your veggies and slow cook for around 6 hours..
- Blend your veggies up, and add your cream cheese. Blend again until smooth..
- Grate about 1/5 of a nutmeg (or about 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg) into your soup. I advise adding it gradually and testing until you are happy with the flavour..
- Serve and enjoy! For extra creaminess, add a swirl of creme fraiche or quark to the top when serving..
Quick and Easy Vegetable Medley Recipe – Duration:. It's perfect for this hectic time of year. Slow Cooker Vegetable Bean Soup – Sometimes the easiest recipes are the best! This vegetable bean soup is made in a slow cooker and has the perfect cozy blend of flavors. We love this so much! (Gluten Free & Vegan) This post is written in partnership with Sprouts.