Crock Pot Freezer Meal – Chicken Tortilla Soup.
You can have Crock Pot Freezer Meal – Chicken Tortilla Soup using 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crock Pot Freezer Meal – Chicken Tortilla Soup
- It’s of Main Ingredients.
- Prepare 10 oz of Chunky Salsa.
- You need 2 can of Mild Rotel.
- Prepare 1 can of Black Beans.
- You need 1 packages of Chicken.
- It’s 1 dash of Crushed Black Pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Chili Powder.
- You need 1 packages of Taco Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 packages of Tortillas.
- Prepare of Extra Misc. Ingredients.
- You need 1 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 1 cup of Water.
- You need 1 pinch of Cheese.
- It’s 1 dash of Sour Cream.
Crock Pot Freezer Meal – Chicken Tortilla Soup instructions
- Bring a large pot of water to a steady boil and add seasonings & chicken breast..
- In the mean time, grab a blender and add both cans of Rotel and the can of black beans (drain half the fluid from beans first), and puree the mixture..
- Label a gallon sized Ziploc freezer bag with recipe name, date, and additional cooking directs. (See step 9-10 for cooking details).
- Add pureed mixture and salsa to Ziploc bag and set aside..
- Once chicken is done boiling, remove chicken from pot, and let cool. Save one cup of broth from the pot and discard the rest..
- Shred chicken after it has completely cooled..
- Add chicken, broth, and one cup of water to the Ziploc bag containing pureed mixture..
- Seal bag, removing as much air from bag as possible. Freeze immediately..
- When you are ready to prepare the Tortilla Soup for dinner, please keep in mind that you need to thaw bag in the refrigerator for ATLEAST 4 hours..
- Once thawed, add meal to crock pot and cook on low for 5-7 hours..
- When its almost done cooking, grab tortillas and slice into strips, brush with butter, and bake in the oven at 350 until golden brown..
- Make yourself a bowl of your delicious meal and top with tortilla strips, cheese, & sour cream..