Easiest Way to Prepare Perfect Great Northern Bean Soup (Crockpot)
Great Northern Bean Soup (Crockpot). Browse Our Site For Delectable Bean Soup Recipes, Please Your Taste Buds Today! It's time for another one of my easy crock pot recipes. I hope you have been enjoying my weekly crock pot recipes as much as I have been enjoying cooking in a crock pot.
Look them over one more time for any bad beans or foreign matter. Pour chicken broth (pan drippings/chicken broth combination if you're using it) over beans, carrots, and onion. Once all ingredients are added; stir as best as you can – mainly to mix in the bouillon. You can cook Great Northern Bean Soup (Crockpot) using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Great Northern Bean Soup (Crockpot)
- Prepare 1 lb of dry great northern beans.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- It’s 2 of celery stalks.
- Prepare 2 of medium carrots.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves.
- You need 2 tbsp of beef boullion paste.
- It’s 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 4 cup of water.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
Great Northern beans made in a slow cooker with an assortment of vegetables gives you a versatile side dish to pair with grilled meats; a flavorful ingredient for salads, dips, soups, or stews; or a meal prep foundation to build on all week. Start with dried beans for the most economical dish and add vegetables and seasonings to taste. You can keep it vegetarian or throw in a ham hock for. I added carrots and celery because we like them and it seems to add a little something more to the beans.
Great Northern Bean Soup (Crockpot) step by step
- Soak beans in water overnight (can do this in the crockpot with it unplugged).
- Drain water and pick out bad or split beans..
- Chop celery, carrots, garlic, and onion. Add to crockpot along with bay leaves..
- Add enough water to cover ingredients. 4 cups worked for me. Can add more if needed..
- Add beef bouillon paste (I use better than bouillon beef base), butter, and olive oil..
- Cook on high for 6 hours..
- Remove bay leaves. Add salt and pepper to taste..
- Can use immersion blender to puree part of the soup to thicken if preferred..
- Enjoy :).
This hearty soup made with ham hocks or a ham bone is easy and flavorful and always hits the spot with just a few ingredients! And the crockpot does all the work! Great recipe for Great Northern Bean Soup (Crockpot). I wanted a recipe for the pounds of dry beans I have in my pantry. This was originally intended to be a side dish of beans, but it ended up being full of liquid and tasted great as a soup.