Easiest Way to Cook Yummy Crockpot Split Pea Soup
Crockpot Split Pea Soup. Scrumptious Crock Pot Recipes To Make Any Meal A Success With Kraft®, Try Today! Freeze Option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
Save the leaves from the celery to use for dressing up bowls of this hearty soup. Split peas are a variety of pea grown specifically for drying. In a slow cooker combine split peas, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, thyme, ginger, and red pepper flakes.. You can have Crockpot Split Pea Soup using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Split Pea Soup
- Prepare of dried green split peas.
- Prepare of bay leaf.
- It’s of onion, chopped.
- Prepare of carrots, sliced.
- Prepare of stalks of celery, sliced.
- You need of salt.
- You need of black pepper.
- You need of ham hocks.
- Prepare of water.
- It’s of mashed potatoes, opt.
Pour broth over and add ham bone. This slow-cooker version of split-pea soup is as easy as it gets and is packed with healthy fiber and protein. Serve it with crusty bread and you've got a soul-warming meal ready to go. I love using smoked ham hocks in pea soup, it gives the soup a wonderful smoky flavor, but if you don't have ham hocks you can also use a leftover ham bone, ham steak or even smoked turkey leg instead.
Crockpot Split Pea Soup step by step
- Wash and sort split peas..
- Add everything to crockpot except for mashed potatoes..
- Cook on low for six to eight hours..
- When veggies are tender, take out ham hocks, remove meat, and add meat to soup. Add mashed potatoes to soup to thicken. If you do not have mashed potatoes, you can puree two cups of soup when warm..
Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup is a great way to make use of that leftover bone from your holiday ham. Cooking it low and slow is the best method for creating creamy, delicious split pea soup. This Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup is loaded with yummy veggies! It is very healthy and creamy and full of flavor! Way better than the canned stuff.