Easiest Way to Prepare Delicious Slow Cooker Italian Wedding Soup
Slow Cooker Italian Wedding Soup. Slow Cooker Italian Wedding Soup – Authentic traditional Italian wedding soup. Family favorite recipe is easy to make in the crockpot, delicious homemade meal. Today I'm sharing a crock pot version of a family favorite soup.
The pasta and the meatballs cook right in the Crock Pot for an easy weeknight dinner! Soup: Place all of the ingredients, except the pasta and escarole or spinach, into the crock pot with meatballs. Top each serving with grated parmesan or romano cheese. You can cook Slow Cooker Italian Wedding Soup using 9 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Italian Wedding Soup
- Prepare of Main Dish.
- Prepare 1 lb of homemade or frozen mini meatballs.
- It’s 3 of large carrots.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1 cup of acini di pepe pasta uncooked.
- It’s 1 packages of frozen spinach.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 8 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- You need 1 of cayenne pepper to taste.
But this Slow Cooker Italian Wedding Soup ups the ante with minimal prep time and hands-free cooking in the slow cooker – two attributes that make it hard to resist. This slow-cooker version of classic Italian wedding soup is the perfect recipe to ease you into sweater weather. It starts with extra-easy frozen meatballs (what did we do before those?) and then it's hands off, because your slow cooker does all the work for you. But this easy slow cooker Italian wedding soup is so much better!
Slow Cooker Italian Wedding Soup instructions
- In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine broth, carrots, dried oregano (if using),1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Gently add meatballs.Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 hours, stirring in pasta and spinach during the last 20 minutes of cooking. Ladle into bowls. If desired, garnish with oregano sprigs. Soup will thicken upon standing..
If you prefer, you could always opt to make your own meatballs, like in this version of Slow Cooker Italian Wedding Soup from Better. Sprinkle in dried herbs and spices. My goodness, it is one of our all-time favorite dinners. Homemade soup is so much better than canned and not hard to make either. Ranking in my top three soups would be this Slow Cooker Italian Wedding Soup.