Recipe: Appetizing Slow Cooker Potato Soup
Slow Cooker Potato Soup. This Slow Cooker Potato Soup recipe is easy to make in the crock-pot, and it's perfectly thick and creamy and flavorful (without having to use heavy The keywords, of course, being slow cooker. Many of you have already discovered my classic Potato Soup recipe on the blog, which will forever. Stir in chicken stock, onion, garlic, thyme, butter and bacon until well combined.
In a saucepan, combine the butter, flour, heavy cream and sour cream. Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Soup that's creamy, full of vegetables and chunks of ham, finished off with milk and The best part of slow cooker meals like this Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Soup is that they're perfect for weeknights now that everyone is back to school or for. I love potatoes but can't stand the work involved in making mashed potatoes from scratch. You can cook Slow Cooker Potato Soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Potato Soup
- Prepare 3 lb of potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch pieces.
- It’s 1 of medium yellow onion, finely diced.
- Prepare 3 of (14.5 oz) cans low-sodium chicken broth.
- It’s 1 cup of evaporated milk.
- You need 1 of salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 9 oz of bacon, cooked and diced or crumbled.
- You need 4 of green onions, diced.
I came up with this simple side dish that was made even easier thanks to my slow cooker. The best part is I can use the leftover broth for soup the next day! This slow cooker potato soup is rich and hearty, plus the slow cooker does all the work! I've hesitated to make potato soup for quite some time because all I could think about is how creamy and carby it must be.
Slow Cooker Potato Soup step by step
- To a 6 or 7 quart slow cooker, add potatoes, onion, chicken broth, evaporated milk and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover with lid and cook on high heat for 4 hours or low heat for 8 hours ( poke potatoes with a fork to check make sure they're soft)..
- Ladle out 2 cups liquid from soup mixture in crock pot into a liquid measuring cup, set aside..
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes..
- While whisking, slowly pour 2 cups liquid in measuring cup into butter mixture, it will thicken quickly. Pour butter mixture into slow cooker and stir to blend. If desired, mash potatoes with a potato masher to break down into smaller pieces..
- Cover and cook on high heat until thickened, about 10 minutes. Turn heat off or to warm, stir in sour cream. Serve warm topped with cheddar, bacon and green onions..
Surely it's not good for me to eat that every day, right? The refined flavor of potatoes and leeks are often overshadowed by bacon and fennel, so here we've gone back to basics, simmering the classic combo all day in the slow cooker. This potato leek soup is heavy on the leeks, with just enough potato to give the soup its signature creamy texture. We're sharing Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Potato Soup today… Thick, creamy, and seemingly sinful! It may be cooked on the stove or in a slow cooker.