Recipe: Appetizing Crock Pot Split Pea Soup
Crock Pot Split Pea Soup. Scrumptious Crock Pot Recipes To Make Any Meal A Success With Kraft®, Try Today! Freeze Option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
This Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup is loaded with yummy veggies! It is very healthy and creamy and full of flavor! Way better than the canned stuff. You can have Crock Pot Split Pea Soup using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crock Pot Split Pea Soup
- You need 7 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 packages of Dry Split Green Peas (1lb bag of beans).
- It’s 1 packages of Smithfield Ham Slice, diced (1.5 lb).
- Prepare 1 each of Onion, diced.
- It’s 1 each of Green Bell Pepper, diced.
- Prepare 2 stick of Celery, chopped.
- Prepare 3 stick of Carrots, chopped.
- It’s 4 dash of Onion Powder.
- You need 1 of Salt.
- You need 1 of Black Pepper.
- It’s of Garlic Powder.
- You need of Crushed Red Pepper.
Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup is rich, warm, nourishing and incredibly flavorful. This slow-cooker version of split-pea soup is as easy as it gets and is packed with healthy fiber and protein. Serve it with crusty bread and you've got a soul-warming meal ready to go. In a slow cooker combine split peas, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, thyme, ginger, and red pepper flakes..
Crock Pot Split Pea Soup instructions
- Add thick coat of NON STICK SPRAY to your Crock Pot ( slow cooker )..
- Add water, beans, celery, bell pepper, onion, carrots and seasonings..
- Add diced ham ( it is cheaper to buy the big thick slice and dice yourself ) … Give a good stir to thoroughly combine..
- Cook on high 6-8 hours. ( Or cook on low 10-12 ).
- Optional: Serve with warm sliced bread/crackers! Enjoy!.
Pour broth over and add ham bone. Split pea soup is pure comfort food for many and it's surprisingly easy to make at home. All you need is a slow cooker, a ham bone or ham hocks, peas, and a few veggies. Get it started in the morning, let it cook slowly all day, and it's ready for dinner. Dried split peas and smoked sausages are combined in this slow cooker soup with carrots, potatoes, oregano and garlic powder.