Easiest Way to Make Perfect Crockpot Potato Soup
Crockpot Potato Soup. Scrumptious Crock Pot Recipes To Make Any Meal A Success With Kraft®, Try Today! Can you use canned potatoes in soup? Just drain, rinse and, if using whole canned potatoes, roughly chop them before adding to the soup.
Cook over medium-high heat until bacon is evenly brown and onions are soft. Once the soup has slow cooked and is about ready to serve, cook the butter in a small saucepan on the stove over medium-high heat until it has melted. Crockpot Creamy Potato Soup couldn't be any easier and is great comfort food. You can have Crockpot Potato Soup using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Potato Soup
- Prepare 9 of Russet potatoes.
- You need 1/2 of medium Yellow Onion.
- You need 7 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 stick of butter.
- You need 8 oz of cream cheese.
- Prepare 3 can of Cream of chicken soup.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of fresh ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 lb of bacon.
- You need 2 of green onions.
It's cooked all day in the slow cooker and is great for a cold day. Top with bacon, cheese, and green onions for the ultimate potato soup. This soup is versatile – add broccoli or ham to give it a twist. In a bowl of a Crock-Pot, combine potatoes, bacon, chicken broth, and thyme.
Crockpot Potato Soup step by step
- Peel and dice potatoes then add to crockpot..
- Dice yellow onion, and garlic keep seperate for now..
- When olive oil is hot, brown garlic then add onion keep stirring until they start turning translucent..
- In sauce pan heat up olive oil..
- When onion and garlic is done melt cream cheese and butter then add cream of chicken milk and pepper..
- Add mixture to potatoes in crock pot mix together put on high heat for five hours checking every hour if needed add water to make more creamy..
- Around the four hour mark brown and drain bacon when cool to touch break up in little pieces also dice green onions then mix in soup. (for added taste add 2 tablespoons of bacon grease to soup). :).
Notes on Crock Pot Potato Soup. However, since this soup has a precooking step and because it has a cream and cheese base, we recommend this stove top safe slow cooker that has a great non-stick surface. The crock can go straight from the browning step on the stove into the slow cooker unit without dirtying another dish and the non-stick surface. Crockpot Potato Soup is so easy to make and loaded with real potatoes! This creamy and cheesy potato soup is loaded with flavor and a sure family favorite!.