Split Pea Soup (crockpot). Discover a delicious split pea soup recipe with ham hocks, carrots, and dried split peas. It's cooked in the crock pot and is easy to Split pea soup is pure comfort food for many and it's surprisingly easy to make at home. All you need is a slow cooker, a ham bone or.
If you'd like the rest of the vegetables in your soup to retain some bite, add them later into the cooking time. This is a hearty split pea soup has a flavorful ham bone cooked with carrots, potatoes, onions, and a pinch of marjoram. Making Split Pea Soup in the Slow Cooker is so easy and perfect for busy weeknight meals. You can have Split Pea Soup (crockpot) using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Split Pea Soup (crockpot)
- It’s 1 of meaty Ham bone.
- It’s 1 lb of bag dry split Peas.
- You need 6 of cups Water.
- It’s 1 large of Onion, chopped.
- Prepare 4 stick of Celery, sliced.
- You need 5 of or 6 Chicken bullion cubes.
- You need 1 tsp of Thyme, Garlic powder and Black pepper, each.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Red pepper.
- You need 1 of bag mini Carrots.
It also has a probe for meat that automatically shuts off when done. I hated my old crock pot, it burnt everything and my food had a weird taste. Wondering how to make split pea soup in a crockpot? This split pea and ham soup slow cooker recipes seriously couldn't be any easier.
Split Pea Soup (crockpot) instructions
- Slice meat from ham bone, remove visible fat. Add bone and meat to crockpot..
- Add 6 cups water, and rest of ingredients except carrots..
- Cover and cook on high 5 hrs..
- Meanwhile cook carrots separately until soft..
- After 5 hrs remove bone from pot, break up big chunks of meat, then add cooked carrot..
- Serve with bread & butter..
You literally add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and then walk away while it cooks up one of the most fabulous, heart-warming. Hearty, protein packed split pea soup made with tender split peas, flavorful ham and fresh vegetables. It's easy to make and perfect for the cold weather. Homemade Split Pea Soup, just like mom made growing up! This hearty, protein packed, comforting soup is made with tender split peas, flavorful.