Recipe: Appetizing Easy Low Sodium Crock Pot Cabbage Soup
Easy Low Sodium Crock Pot Cabbage Soup. This easy cabbage soup recipes takes just minutes to put together and then lets your crock pot do all of the work! Low Sodium Vegetable Soup Crock Pot Recipes. Crock Pot French Onion SoupKitchen Dreaming.
The slow cooking makes this beef so tender and delicious. I use low sodium chicken stock or low sodium vegetable stock with red potatoes cut in half cabbage carrots and onions and I came out so tender. This easy crock pot cabbage soup is light and flavorful. You can cook Easy Low Sodium Crock Pot Cabbage Soup using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Low Sodium Crock Pot Cabbage Soup
- Prepare 1/2 head of Small to medium chopped green cabbage..
- Prepare 1 can of Low sodium diced tomatoes.
- You need 2 can of Tomato paste 6 oz. can.
- You need 1 quart of Water, more or less depending upon you taste and preferred consistency..
- It’s 1/2 cup of Brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Lemon juice.
The soup is loaded with vegetables, including cabbage, zucchini, carrots, and spinach. It is a healthy choice and you'll often see similar recipes called detox soup. It can be the antidote to a season of overeating and overindulging. Our family loves Crockpot Cabbage Roll Soup Recipe and it has everything you need for a great meal.
Easy Low Sodium Crock Pot Cabbage Soup instructions
- Place chopped cabbage in crock pot and start on high for an hour. Switch to low and cook cabbage until it shrinks down and wilts. Some water will accumulate on the bottom. Cabbage is voluminous so don't be afraid to pack it in to the top. Should take about 3 hours..
- After cabbage is sufficiently cooked down, add diced tomatoes, tomato paste and water..
- After cooking for at least an hour, add brown sugar and lemon juice..
- Let cook for at least 4 hours. Every so often, taste broth and add more brown sugar, lemon juice or water to adjust consistency and sweet and sour taste to your liking. Also cook long enough so cabbage is soft..
You will love this one pot meal that is so easy to If you love to make cabbage rolls, try this really easy unstuffed cabbage soup. You can easily enjoy this without any effort thanks to the crock pot. This crockpot cabbage soup is packed with beef, cabbage, celery, onion, and I even threw in a carrot! Yes – a carrot, on a low carb diet. Don't freak out about the single carrot in this giant pot of soup – it adds a little pop of color and flavor and I literally just used one carrot throughout the whole pot of soup.