Slow Cooker Lentil Soup. Try Our Well Yes!® Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About. Recipe: Easy Slow Cooker Lentil Soup. by Patty Catalano. Simply stir the soup together in the slow cooker and turn the knob to low before heading out the door.
Season with basil, thyme, oregano, the bay leaf and pepper. Tasty, filling, and meat-free, our Slow Cooker Lentil Soup recipe is as simple as it is satisfying. One bowl of this bean and veggie soup is packed with an abundance of protein and fiber yet full of flavors the whole family will love. You can have Slow Cooker Lentil Soup using 12 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Lentil Soup
- You need 3 of Carrots chopped.
- You need 2 of Ribs of celery chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Onion chopped.
- It’s 3 of Garlic cloves pressed.
- You need 8 cup of of veg or chicken broth.
- It’s 1 bag of of dry lentils, rinsed.
- You need 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 2 of Dry bay leaves.
- It’s 2 of Cubed red potato.
- Prepare 1 bunch of of spinach or kale chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato paste diluted in 1/4 cup water or broth.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper.
Best yet, it's as easy as can be to pull together, especially. We have the perfect recipe to try for Meatless Monday or any day of the week! Slow Cooker Lentil Soup Recipe is so hearty and delicious that no one will ever miss the meat. The tomatoes give it the best flavor and the lentils are so tender.
Slow Cooker Lentil Soup instructions
- Put all the ingredients (Except the spinach,kale,salt and pepper) in the slow cooker give it a stir and cover. Set cooker to high and cook for 5-6 hours. About 15 minutes before serving add the spinach or kale (or both) salt and pepper. Remove bay leaves before serving. This is a fantastic make ahead meal. It is better the next day. It freezes well too. If the lentils thicken just add broth to desired consistency. Serve with a sandwich or it is a healthy meal on its own. Enjoy!.
Even better, the crockpot does all the work making dinner time a breeze. Slow Cooker Lentil Soup with Bacon. Stir almost all the bacon into the slow cooker with the lentils and cook as directed. Lentil soup is perfect for the slow cooker. Just throw all the ingredients into the slow cooker in the morning and come home to a delicious soup.