How to Prepare Appetizing Crock-Pot Split Pea Soup
Crock-Pot Split Pea Soup. Can you overcook split pea soup? Split peas take a very long time to soften, so you don't have to worry about overcooking them. If you'd like the rest My question is, in addition to the cubed ham, can I also use that big, otherwise useless leftover ham bone to sit in the pea soup in my crock pot, and.
It's cooked in the crock pot and is easy to customize. Split pea soup is pure comfort food for many and it's surprisingly easy to make at home. All you need is a slow cooker, a ham bone or ham hocks, peas. You can have Crock-Pot Split Pea Soup using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crock-Pot Split Pea Soup
- You need 1 lb of split peas.
- Prepare 1 of med. onion (diced).
- It’s 3-5 of carrots (diced).
- It’s 2-4 stalks of celery (chopped).
- You need 2-4 of potatoes (diced).
- Prepare 2-4 cloves of garlic (finely chopped).
- You need 1 can of chicken stock.
- You need 2-3 cups of water.
- It’s of salt&pepper.
Making Split Pea Soup in the Slow Cooker is so easy and perfect for busy weeknight meals. It's also freezer friendly, so you can make a batch and freeze Not sure if my crock pot cooks too hot or what went wrong. It tastes fine, but there's absolutely no texture to this other than what the ham provides. This split pea and ham soup slow cooker recipes seriously couldn't be any easier.
Crock-Pot Split Pea Soup instructions
- Throw everything in to the Crock-Pot. (Ran out of onion, used 3-4 tbs onion powder instead).
- Tips: *For vegan, substitute chicken broth with all water *For more chicken flavor omit water for all broth *Add cooked cubed ham or cooked chopped bacon for more meatiness.
- High 4-5 hours. Low: 6-8. Depending on Crock-Pot..
- Ready when soup is creamy..
I think folks will have better results with those. This soup makes a huge batch, so if space is an issue in your Crock pot, I suggest cutting the recipe in half. This also freezes nicely so if you do make a full batch but can't eat it Every year I make split pea w ham soup. First time I'm using my crockpot for it. This is a great recipe, cant wait for it to be done.