How to Make Perfect Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup
Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup. Freeze Option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, thaw overnight in the refrigerator. In a slow cooker combine split peas, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, thyme, ginger, and red pepper flakes..
I worked as a waitress for years, the soup du jour on Thursday was always split pea with ham. This soup freezes well, so make a batch and save extra for later. For more crockpot soups, check out our Slow Cooker Butternut Squash and Red Pepper Soup, Slow Cooker Pork Ramen, and Slow Cooker Chicken Soup. You can cook Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup
- It’s 1 package (16 ounces) of dried green split peas, rinsed.
- It’s 1 of large onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 1/2 Cups of chopped carrots.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of dried rosemary, crushed.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- It’s 1 carton (32 ounces) of reduced-sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
- It’s 2 cups of cubed fully cooked ham steaks.
- Prepare 2-3 of Bay Leaves.
This Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup is loaded with yummy veggies! It is very healthy and creamy and full of flavor! Way better than the canned stuff. Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup is rich, warm, nourishing and incredibly flavorful.
Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup step by step
- Mix all ingredients, except the ham, the water & stock, and the bay leaves, into the slow cooker..
- Add the ham and water & stock into the pot, stir everything together..
- Finally, place the bay leaves into the pot..
- Put the lid on the slow cooker, set the temperature on low, and cook for 8 hours..
Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup is a great way to make use of that leftover bone from your holiday ham. Cooking it low and slow is the best method for creating creamy, delicious split pea soup. The nutritional information for this delicious slow cooker split pea and ham soup is right below. If you have any extras with the soup, then don't forget to add these to your overall nutrition calculations. It's important to keep in mind that I use an online calculator for all my slow cooker recipe's nutritional information.