How to Make Tasty Stuffed Pepper Soup – Slow Cooker
Stuffed Pepper Soup – Slow Cooker. Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup is made with ground beef, bell peppers, onions and tomato sauce. The version I made for my client was done on the stovetop, but I know how much all of your love slow cooker recipes on this site. I tweaked a recipe I got from one of my best friends, and I couldn't believe how much it really does taste like stuffed green peppers!
This stuffed pepper soup is easy, hearty, and packed with flavor. After browning ground beef, onions, red and green peppers, and garlic on the stove To help ease weeknight dinner chaos, I cooked everything on the stovetop the night before, transferred it into my lined slow cooker, added the. Enjoy slow cooker stuffed peppers without all the work! You can have Stuffed Pepper Soup – Slow Cooker using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Pepper Soup – Slow Cooker
- It’s 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 lb. of ground beef (or ground turkey).
- It’s 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 of large bell peppers, diced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 can (28 oz.) of unsalted crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 can (15 oz.) of fire roasted diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 can (8 oz.) of unsalted tomato sauce.
- It’s 3 cups of unsalted chicken or beef broth.
- You need 2 tsp. of each Italian seasoning, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of each pepper, smoked paprika, dried basil.
- It’s of Cooked rice, for serving (or different grain of your choosing).
This crockpot stuffed peppers soup recipe is just wonderful! This is awesome for when you need to take the crockpot somewhere. I often use the slow cooker to take dishes to potluck events and this feature is amazing! This vegetarian stuffed pepper soup is a twist on the classic, boasting a hearty helping of fiber and protein from creamy red lentils.
Stuffed Pepper Soup – Slow Cooker instructions
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the ground meat and cook until it is browned throughout. Drain any excess fat if needed..
- Grease your slow cooker and place all the ingredients EXCEPT for the rice. Stir everything well and then place the lid on and set the heat to low for 5-6 hours..
- To serve, stir in some hot, cooked rice (or other grain) into individual bowls and top with some shredded cheddar cheese and enjoy!.
- You could also stir the rice into the soup and serve it that way, but since we usually have leftovers, I prefer to store the soup and rice separately so the rice doesn't absorb the majority of the liquid..
Season with oregano and basil and add in bay leaf. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary, then ladle into serving bowls and serve hot. With all the flavors of traditional stuffed peppers, but with much more ease, try this Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup! Two things came together to make this soup happen. First, I keep getting a ton of peppers in my CSA box.