Recipe: Yummy Loaded Nacho Soup – Slow Cooker
Loaded Nacho Soup – Slow Cooker. Using a set of tongs or a large spoon, mix the ingredients together. Once mixed, pour in chicken broth. Loaded Nacho Soup – Slow Cooker instructions.
Quick and easy to make for a weeknight, loaded with nacho flavor and extra delicious topped with sour cream! Great recipe for Loaded Nacho Soup – Slow Cooker. I came across a variation of this soup in my Delish cookbook and knew I had to try it. You can have Loaded Nacho Soup – Slow Cooker using 19 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Loaded Nacho Soup – Slow Cooker
- You need 1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breast.
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 1 of bell pepper, diced.
- You need 1 of jalapeno, diced (seeds removed for non-spicy).
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 can (15 oz.) of unsalted black or pinto beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1 can (15 oz.) of fire-roasted diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 can (8 oz.) of corn kernels, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 4 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of chili powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of each pepper, smoked paprika.
- It’s 3/4 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 cup of freshly shredded pepper jack cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of freshly shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need of Sour Cream, for serving.
- Prepare of Crushed Tortilla Chips, for serving.
So I tweaked it to my liking and adapted it for the slow cooker. Instead of the chicken, you can also brown up some ground beef and add that in at the start. This soup is out of this world good. I originally made it here but people would ask if it could be made in a slow cooker.
Loaded Nacho Soup – Slow Cooker step by step
- Grease the slow cooker (6 quart size). Place in the chicken, onion, peppers, jalapeno, garlic, beans, corn, tomatoes, broth and seasonings. Give it a stir, then set the lid on and cook on low heat for 6 hours..
- Once the 6 hours is up, remove the chicken to a cutting board. Stir in the shredded cheeses until they are melted and incorporated in. Whisk the flour into the heavy cream until smooth, then stir that into the soup. Shred the chicken and stir it back into the soup. Place the lid back on and switch to high heat. Cook an additional 30ish minutes, until thickened and heated through. Taste to see if any additional seasoning is needed, then serve..
Well I had to test it out for myself. Prepare vegetables as directed in the ingredient list. SLOW COOKER: If you're going to go the slow cooker route – simply brown the sausage and drain the grease away. Add the meat, cubed cheeses, drained tomatoes and corn, and garlic powder and cover. Put the slow cooker on low heat and stir occasionally until then cheeses have melted.