Recipe: Delicious Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker
Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker. How to make slow cooker broccoli cheddar soup. Lisa, Broccoli Cheese soup is one of my husband's all time favorites. I think I need to make this tonight.
I make it all the time. I received an instant pot for Christmas and I was wondering if you have. Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese SoupA couple of shortcut ingredients make this soup a cinch! You can cook Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker using 16 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker
- You need 6 cups of broccoli florets (from about 2 large heads broccoli).
- It’s 2 of large carrots, peeled and shredded.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, finely diced.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 oz. of cream cheese.
- It’s 1 tsp. of dried oregano.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of each ground nutmeg, salt free all purpose seasoning.
- You need 3 1/2 cups of unsalted chicken or vegetable broth.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of all purpose flour.
- You need 2 cups of freshly shredded sharp yellow cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 cup of freshly shredded white cheddar cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Stir to melt the cheese and mix it in. This crockpot broccoli cheese soup is a cheesy comfort food classic that's warm and satisfying for everyone in the family. With just fifteen minutes of prep, your slow cooker does all of the work for you, and the result is a delicious soup that will have everyone spooning up seconds. When I want soup at a restaurant, it's broccoli-cheese all the way.
Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker instructions
- Grease your slow cooker (6 qt. size). Place the broccoli florets, shredded carrots, onion and garlic into the bottom. Top with the cream cheese, seasonings and broth. Give it all a stir, place the lid on and set the heat to low. Cook for 4-6 hours, until the broccoli is tender..
- Once the broccoli is tender, use an immersion blender to puree some of the soup, until it is mostly smooth, but still with some chunks. Whisk together the milk, cream and flour and stir it into the soup, along with the cheeses. Place the lid back on and set the heat to high. Let this cook another 30-45 minutes, or until the soup has thickened slightly, is fully heated through and the cheese has fully melted. Taste and add more seasonings if it needs it, then serve..
When I make it at home it's creamy cheesy, exactly how I like it. Stir in process cheese until melted. I prefer using the slow cooker as it tastes so much better. Both fresh and frozen broccoli will work fine in this soup. If it's available fresh at a In my opinion, this is the best slow cooker broccoli cheese soup recipe, but I am a little biased.