Easiest Way to Prepare Delicious BACON n BEANS Soup (crockpot)
BACON n BEANS Soup (crockpot). Chop raw bacon into smallish bits and cook in a skillet on the stove-top until the bacon is crispy. Remove cooked bacon from skillet with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel lined plate. Dried navy beans are the base for this hearty homemade soup.
Tender beans and bacon slow-cooked to perfection. I also have a pinto bean and bacon soup that is very similar to this recipe! You should try both and let me know what you think. You can have BACON n BEANS Soup (crockpot) using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of BACON n BEANS Soup (crockpot)
- It’s 3 cup of Mixed Beans.
- You need 10 cup of water.
- You need 6 slice of bacon, cut small.
- You need 1 small of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Lemon Pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 cup of salsa.
The recipe for Slow Cooker Bean and Bacon Soup is very similar to. Jump to Recipe·Print Recipe Slow Cooker Bean and Bacon Soup-dried beans are cooked all day in your slow cooker along with carrots, celery, garlic and bacon. A simple but seriously delicious soup that will leave you wanting seconds (and the leftovers the next day are even better than the first day). Big thanks so Hurst's Beans […] Great recipe for BACON n BEANS Soup (crockpot).
BACON n BEANS Soup (crockpot) instructions
- Measure beans into strainer or collinder and rinse..
- Place beans in crockpot and add water. The water amount will always be 3x the amount of beans plus 1 Cup. In this case, 3 Cups beans,10 Cups water..
- Cut bacon into tiny strips and add to crockpot of beans..
- Dice onions and add to crockpot of beans..
- Add salt, garlic powder, and lemon pepper to beans..
- Cook beans in crockpot on high 4 and 1/2 hours ..
- Serve with cornbread, flour tortillas, or bread and butter with a tablespoon of salsa in each bowl..
My Dad loved beans with every meal, so I cannot eat them without thinking of him and "home". You may use this recipe with any kind of beans. Navy beans or pinto beans are good made with ham too and I would not add lemon pepper to pinto beans. Drain beans and place in slow cooker. In a skillet or large pot, add bacon and cook until crispy, remove and set aside.