Recipe: Perfect Scain's comfort chicken noodle soup for crockpot
Scain's comfort chicken noodle soup for crockpot.
You can cook Scain's comfort chicken noodle soup for crockpot using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Scain's comfort chicken noodle soup for crockpot
- Prepare 1 lb of chicken tenderloins.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks, chopped.
- It’s 2 of carrots, chopped.
- You need 1 of small onion, chopped.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, chopped.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of butter, divided.
- You need 4 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 1 of chicken boullion cube.
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese rind.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- You need dash of cayenne.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 8 oz of egg noodles.
Scain's comfort chicken noodle soup for crockpot instructions
- In a skillet, add 2 tbsp butter, then add veggies. Stir off and on for about 10 min. Don't let onions brown..
- In another skillet, add 2 tbsp butter, add chicken, garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne. Cook until chicken is no longer pink. I chopped my chicken the same size as my veggies.
- Turn crockpot to high, add veggies and chicken.
- Then add broth, boullion, bay leaf and cheese rind. Cover, and cook for 3-4 hrs until carrots and celery are tender..
- In a pot add water to boil noodles, cook per package instructions. Drain.
- To serve, put noodles in a bowl then top with your soup. (My hubby doesn't like soggy noodles, so by doing it this way, your noodles keep their texture even the next day 😉 ).
- Cheers! This is my all time fav comfort food..