How to Cook Yummy Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup. Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chiles, and garlic into a slow cooker. Pour in water and chicken broth, and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. In a large slow cooker, combine chicken, black beans, corn, peppers, onion, fire-roasted tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and chicken broth.
You'll love this super simple soup. In many parts of California, chicken tortilla soup can be made with a tomato base that's thickened with ground tortillas. Beans are sometimes included, but fried tortilla strips are almost always added as a garnish. You can cook Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Prepare 1 Can of Kidney beans.
- Prepare 1 Can of Corn.
- Prepare 1 Can of Black Beans.
- Prepare 3 Cups of Chicken Stock.
- You need 2-3 of Boneless Chicken breast (I prefer more chicken & use 3).
- Prepare 1 Pack of Taco Seasoning.
- It’s 28 oz of Can of Crushed Tomatoes.
This slow-cooker tortilla soup is just the beginning. Check out Betty's best soup recipes. One of the best things to make in a slow cooker is, of course, soups and if there's one you should try asap is this slow cooker chicken tortilla soup recipe! It's so simple to put together and comes loaded with chicken, beans, corn, crisp tortilla strips, and all the bold flavors you love.
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup step by step
- Empty all of the ingredients into crock pot..
- Cook on low for at least 6 hours or on high for 3..
- When done cooking remove chicken, shred, and put back into the crock pot..
- Add toppings as desired & enjoy!.
How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup. Pour chicken broth and diced tomatoes into a slow cooker. Add onion, garlic and spices and chicken. Shred chicken then return to slow cooker along with black beans, corn, cilantro and lime juice. Allow to cook until heated through.